Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Aplix pocket suggestions? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476349)

BCsMom 12-30-2012 08:23 PM

Aplix pocket suggestions?

DS is in a home daycare that's been willing to use cloth diapers, but no matter how many times I show them/ask them not to unsnap the sizing on the one-size pockets we use (a mix of BG, FB, RaR), they keep forgetting. And then DS wets through because the diapers are too big!

I'm thinking about switching to aplix/velcro in order to make it easier for my daycare. Hubby has also said it would be easier on him (DS is 8 months and has gotten VERY squirmy when being changed).

Any suggestions for what brands to look for? I would prefer to stay with one-size pockets but am open to other suggestions.

MomBecks 12-30-2012 08:30 PM

Re: Aplix pocket suggestions?

Blueberry!

eileprose 12-30-2012 09:16 PM

I second the blueberry. The aplix can not be beat. My hubby begged me for more aplix and our blueberries are great. I have also tried BG and Thirsties and by FAR blueberry is much stronger.

flylady0505 12-30-2012 09:28 PM

Blueberry Velcro very nice

mammato2 12-31-2012 05:40 AM

I really like bg's hook/loop, its soft and some of my 2yo aplix diapers still look brand new!

hilaryisinked 12-31-2012 06:14 AM

Toys Bots have great aplix. They are technically a sleeve AIO but have a pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mamamarisa 12-31-2012 06:33 AM

id say bg, there are bunches of sales on them too.

Kabuki24 12-31-2012 06:44 AM

I'd say either Blueberry, 4.0's or even Kawaii.

Spunkify 12-31-2012 06:51 AM

I guess I'm the only one seeing the contradiction in the OP-If they're unsnapping the rise and stuff sticking with one size may not be the option you want. No matter if you're using snaps or aplix for the waist adjustment with OS, having the OS snap adjustments will still enable them to unsnap and resnap the rise snaps incorrectly.

Have you considered looking at sized diapers instead? If you're set on one size maybe something with an internal adjustment system like Fuzzibunz would be better?

Spunkify 12-31-2012 06:51 AM

I guess I'm the only one seeing the contradiction in the OP-If they're unsnapping the rise and stuff sticking with one size may not be the option you want. No matter if you're using snaps or aplix for the waist adjustment with OS, having the OS snap adjustments will still enable them to unsnap and resnap the rise snaps incorrectly.

Have you considered looking at sized diapers instead? If you're set on one size maybe something with an internal adjustment system like Fuzzibunz would be better?