Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Another Hypnobabies Question... ;) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476362)

Mummandherboys 12-30-2012 09:21 PM

Another Hypnobabies Question... ;)

Ladies who plan to use Hypnobabies for their birth: are we supposed to listen to the tracks "Easy first stage" and "pushing baby out" before the birth? I am assuming not....but do we want to become familiar with them at all before the actual birth?? I have gone through the whole home-study and tracks that go with it... I am rotating between "Hypnotic Childbirth #2" and the "Deepening" track... is that what you all are doing now? Any other tips on what you are all doing to prepare for your Hypnobabies birth?

Thank you! :)

You Tell 'Em 12-30-2012 10:04 PM

I've been going off this:

http://hypnobabies.wordpress.com/201...ourse-outline/

I'm working on CD #1 this week (34 weeks) since I had a terrible cold that lasted a long time and couldn't breathe properly to start sooner. :blush:

With my last birth I put on the CD for the birthing day but turned it off in labor since it was annoying me/I wanted it silent :giggle: So I never even listened to pushing baby out either.

My_Tree_Grows 12-31-2012 12:15 AM

Re: Another Hypnobabies Question... ;)

No, you're just supposed to check that the tracks work and NOT listen to them. :) Do you have the workbook? It provides the schedule for each week. I'm technically on the week #6 maintenance rotation now, but with a cold making it difficult to breathe deeply and a sick toddler making it unlikely to find undisturbed time, I've been slacking a bit. Plus I got super tired of Deepening so I just started listening to whatever I want (other than the birthing tracks), since I'm finished the course.

Mummandherboys 12-31-2012 09:16 AM

Okay great... yes, I have finished the home study too and am on the maintenance as well. So, I should still put the birthing tracks on and make sure they don't skip and work/etc.?...so I would be listening to them...but just not following them? ;)
I just got a portable CD player with headphones that I have also been practicing with in hopes of using it in the tub/walking around/etc... during birthing.
I will check out that link you gave, Youtellem...thank you ;)

cacasey1981 12-31-2012 12:41 PM

DDC - I put each track on my iPod as its own playlist. I had DH listen to the birthing day tracks to make sure that they worked.
I listened to the easy first stage track 2-3 times the day of. When it came time to push/transformation I was in denial about it and never listened to the pushing track. It worked great for me.

Good luck with your birthing times :)

Mummandherboys 01-01-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacasey1981 (Post 16097531)
DDC - I put each track on my iPod as its own playlist. I had DH listen to the birthing day tracks to make sure that they worked.
I listened to the easy first stage track 2-3 times the day of. When it came time to push/transformation I was in denial about it and never listened to the pushing track. It worked great for me.

Good luck with your birthing times :)

Thank you Mama... very helpful :) I will see if I can get DH to listen to the birthing day tracks to make sure all works... great idea.
So glad it worked well for you!...did you walk around/sit in tub/etc. etc... or were you mostly on the bed? Tell me more about your birth if you don't mind! :)

cacasey1981 01-02-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mummandherboys (Post 16101531)

Thank you Mama... very helpful :) I will see if I can get DH to listen to the birthing day tracks to make sure all works... great idea.
So glad it worked well for you!...did you walk around/sit in tub/etc. etc... or were you mostly on the bed? Tell me more about your birth if you don't mind! :)

I had it in my birth plan that I wanted to move and change positions but ended up being most comfortable sitting completely upright. I think it was acting as counter pressure on my lady parts.

I started having PW at around midnight and left for the hospital around 2:30 pm. I showered and stuff before we left the house. As I moved from room to room I rushed so I didn't have a PW while I was walking.

I was GBS+ so I was supposed to get to the hospital 4 hrs before for the abx. The nurses kept saying "if we keep you" - no one believed I was actually in my birthing time. When they finally checked at almost 4 pm I was a stretchy 7 cm - that got them moving. I had her at 6:53 pm - it was awesome.

Some weird little things that I thought were cool - I was surprised by my special place, I didn't think it would be a good fit and tried to change it but it stuck and it worked. I also visualized my baby with dark hair which didn't make sense since DH and I were blondes at birth and so was DS - she came out with dark hair. I seriously recommend hypnobabies to everyone who is willing to listen to me.

Mummandherboys 01-02-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacasey1981 (Post 16103693)
I had it in my birth plan that I wanted to move and change positions but ended up being most comfortable sitting completely upright. I think it was acting as counter pressure on my lady parts.

I started having PW at around midnight and left for the hospital around 2:30 pm. I showered and stuff before we left the house. As I moved from room to room I rushed so I didn't have a PW while I was walking.

I was GBS+ so I was supposed to get to the hospital 4 hrs before for the abx. The nurses kept saying "if we keep you" - no one believed I was actually in my birthing time. When they finally checked at almost 4 pm I was a stretchy 7 cm - that got them moving. I had her at 6:53 pm - it was awesome.

Some weird little things that I thought were cool - I was surprised by my special place, I didn't think it would be a good fit and tried to change it but it stuck and it worked. I also visualized my baby with dark hair which didn't make sense since DH and I were blondes at birth and so was DS - she came out with dark hair. I seriously recommend hypnobabies to everyone who is willing to listen to me.

Super sweet birth Mama! Thanks for sharing :) I am excited to use hypnobabies this time around! So did you automatically go to your special safe place when each birthing wave started? Did you put the Hypnobabies sign on the door when you got there? I can believe that they didn't take you seriously until they checked...I am hoping this has really taught me to calm every part of my body and mind... that's awesome! Is there anything that was still surprisingly uncomfortable/more painful than you thought?...or was hard to keep calm through? Thanks again for all your comments! ;)

cacasey1981 01-02-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mummandherboys (Post 16105435)

Super sweet birth Mama! Thanks for sharing :) I am excited to use hypnobabies this time around! So did you automatically go to your special safe place when each birthing wave started? Did you put the Hypnobabies sign on the door when you got there? I can believe that they didn't take you seriously until they checked...I am hoping this has really taught me to calm every part of my body and mind... that's awesome! Is there anything that was still surprisingly uncomfortable/more painful than you thought?...or was hard to keep calm through? Thanks again for all your comments! ;)

Not at first - I was woken up from a dead sleep by a really strong PW and my first thought was "I can't handle this", I had to focus on using the finger drop technique. After the first couple I had the hang of it.

We never hung the sign on the door. Once I was checked my MW came by to visit and basically said we could be left alone until my IV abx needed to be changed.

When I hit transformation I reminded myself (out loud) that all I felt was pressure. That was how pushing snuck up on me. I was repeating "Its only pressure" and my MW was quietly getting everything ready for me to push.

And *BOP* I had retained placenta (did with both kids, must be a thing for me) and was able to use the hypnosis for that also - which is obviously totally different than giving birth. *End BOP*

It was a really rewarding experience after my first didn't go how I'd planned. And FTR, my DD was 9 lbs 8oz and 21 in - 3oz bigger than DS. No small fries over here so if anyone is nervous about big babies don't be :)

Mummandherboys 01-03-2013 10:23 AM

It sounds like it all went really well for you Mama... I will hope that ours is as successful! :) Thank you again for all your comments and info! Best wishes on your new little one! :)