Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any compliments lately?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476372)

elizabeth.scalf 12-30-2012 09:49 PM

Any compliments lately??

DH's grandmother knows,that I BF and when we were over Christmas said 'your milk must really agree with her, she looks healthy.' Another mom said this to me after my second DD 'do you breastfeed? (we had just met) she looks like a breast fed baby.' Those are the kinds of compliments that really affirm that I'm doing what's best. What kind of bfing compliments have you gotten?

Arabesque 12-30-2012 10:06 PM

Nothing recently, but when I took DD for her one-year appointment the doctor was pleased to find out I was still BFing. I was worried she'd be concerned because DD is so tiny (she wasn't even 15lbs at a year), but she was happy with her growth and progress and didn't ever suggest switching to formula.

adjroberts 01-01-2013 08:47 PM

I get compliments all the time. I think it is because my son is such a chunk. He was 20 lbs at 6 months. People have said how healthy he looks, he looks breastfed, I'm doing a good job, etc.
I am always surprised when I get compliments. I am the first in my family to breastfeed (that are alive/I know historically everyone did lol) and it is not something I was ever exposed to or thought about. So when complete strangers tell me I am doing a good job I always feel like "wow thanks!"

AnimalHouse 01-02-2013 06:53 AM

DS4 is 7 weeks old, and was in the hospital last week for bronchialitis. Every NICU nurse and doctor we saw praised me for breastfeeding, saying what a great job it was doing (he's quite a chunk, LOL).

Van1300 01-02-2013 07:16 AM

Re: Any compliments lately??

I have some really supportive mamma friends and they encourage me a lot. My family is not so supportive, but this is my 2nd time around, so I ignore it better.

Nerissa 01-02-2013 07:18 AM

Not lately but when we were at the Dr office when DS1 was sick I was nursing DD and she once again commented on how happy she was to see me nursing since that would probably prevent her from getting sick. so far so good.

daydreamr22 01-02-2013 09:43 AM

We were in a restaurant recently and my boy was crying because he wanted to nurse. I sat down at the booth an threw a blanket over his head. This lady walked over and asked if she could see my baby. I told her I was feeding him and she told me I was a good mamma! It made me feel good, especially since so many ppl have a lot of negative things to say!

Lillikin 01-02-2013 12:44 PM

I went to my gyn appointment a couple weeks ago at 26 mo postpartum and my Dr was elated to know that I was still breastfeeding, along with others in our support group that also use the same Dr. She made my day with the encouragement! Sadly she said I wouldn't believe how many don't even try.

HeatherlovesCDs 01-02-2013 12:49 PM

My baby is only just under 3 months right now, but every time we go to the pediatrician she looks at his growth chart and says, "And you did that! It's all your milk. Great job!" Then we talk about BF'ing and how wonderful it is for a while. :giggle:

But, I get comments from unexpected places sometimes too. It's really nice. :)

AniMommy 01-04-2013 03:11 AM

I took my 8 mo on her first plane ride. She nursed at take off in an ergo and she slept most of the trip. i sat by the window, DH in middle. About 2 hrs into the flight, baby must have woken up or something because the aisle passenger noticed the baby. She said, "I didn't even see that you had a baby!" She saw that I was nursing and said that's probably why dd had been so good on the plane.

I try to say something positive when I see mamas NIP. I recently was in a restaurant when I saw a new mama struggling with nb and a nipple shield and a cover. BTDT! After the mama got it all together, I approached and offered encouragement and told her things would get easier/better. I know I felt so much better as a new mom when people acknowledged how hard it was to be a new mom.