Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Pre Baby preparation list (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476625)

TryingHard 12-31-2012 08:11 PM

Pre Baby preparation list

I have a long list in my head But keep reminding myself of more as time goes by.
I need to get the cradle out and linen washed, check all baby gear, fix single stroller, move older kids to different rooms, deep clean/re organize closets, stock freezer, shop for diapers and what not.
Who here wouldn't mind sharing their list so we Can each remind others to add or remove tasks for the next
couple weeks?...I Can use some motivated reminders as I am growing more tired and lazy ;)

jennayoung99 01-01-2013 01:33 PM

I have to clean out the large room (that will be the shared nursery of DD and baby) that means going threw everything stored and see what will stay, go, or be packed up and stored in the shed or at my mom's. We then need to paint it and move DD's thing in there, buy a crib, dresser, bookshelf, area rug, and some more storage items.

I also need to sew the crib skirt because it got ripped and move it and all the other bedding out of storage, as well as the bouncer, bassinet and other baby items in storage. And finish sewing the last of the nb diapers, wash all the newborn diapers and clothes in storage.

I would also like to find a stretchy wrap to purchase (preferably used) and I'd really like to get my bedroom painted (it will be the last room of the house left to paint)

I think that's it, man I really need to get on it.

TryingHard 01-01-2013 06:09 PM

I should add new crib sheets and burp diapers

deely 01-01-2013 07:03 PM

Thanks for starting this thread! It got me motivated to get all the baby stuff out of storage today and go through it all! We need a lot less than I thought we did. But I still haven't made a full to-do list yet. Maybe tomorrow.

TNT46131 01-02-2013 10:13 AM

Re: Pre Baby preparation list

I need to:
-wash the new diapers I've purchased and put them away
-find/build/plan some sort of storage for the immediate baby stuff in our room
-figure out where I'm going to put the baby's clothes
-buy more baby stuff (swing, car seat, wrap, ext)
-try to reorganize the room (yet again) to make more room for baby and baby stuff

And I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff....

iwiamandaiwi 01-02-2013 10:17 AM

put the carseat we just bought in both of our cars to see if it will fit (three across)
and buy a new one or figure something out if it doesn't.
Paint the boys room and move them in together.
Paint the new baby's room.
Buy a bassinet for our room
Buy a swing
Pack my hospital bag

I think that is everything really. I've already gone through our old baby clothes and packed them up to be donated since we are having a girl and not a boy :) I have done plenty of shopping and little Katherine will have all the clothes she needs for the first year. I have a breast pump and bottles left from my son and a changing table, dresser, and crib. I bought a few girly swaddling blankets (love to use Aden and Anaise for nursing covers!!) I feel like there really was never much to do to prepare for her in the first place. I wonder if I am forgetting anything?

ChloeNAydensmom 01-02-2013 12:27 PM

We've only completed one task lol which is move DS (8, almost 9) back up to the 3rd floor, so now we need to
* organize the nursery which essentially means finish taking out anything that won't be used for the baby, setting up the futon
* buy a bunk bed so the baby can have the crib and my two girls will have new beds
* buy a car seat (the one we have was purchased when I was pregnant with my almost 5 yr old), swing, and possibly a bouncy seat if this turns out to be a boy
* buy baby clothes if its a boy or get clothes back from my cousin if it really is a girl (I seriously think that the u/s was wrong)
* finish buying diapers (I've only got 4 nb's and 13 OS.
* pack hospital bag (I usually wait until about 2 weeks before my section date)

TryingHard 01-02-2013 04:22 PM

Oh pack hospital bag, totally forgot that lol

Diaper Safari 01-03-2013 09:01 AM

I actually wrote down a list yesterday!

* Figure out who is going to take care of dog & cat while we're in hospital
* Purchase a few more baby clothes (first two boys were fall babies, this one is spring so many hand-me-downs won't work)
* Figure out how to sidecar crib
* Make plan with family to meet us at hospital to take our boys
* Move 3 year old to twin bed (so crib mattress is free) - includes purchasing twin mattress and assembling bed, purchasing twin bedding
* Make plan for maternity leave (involves training)
* Finalize newborn diaper stash, prep
* Pack hospital bags (mine, baby, and cloth diapers)
* Pack bags for older boys to keep in car for when needed
* Double check that car seats fit 3-wide, purchase new seat if necessary
* Purchase new wrap (I have legacy wraps for my boys)

Ohhhh boy. My history is going early -- 4 weeks and 3 weeks. I need to get on the ball! :giggle:

jennayoung99 01-03-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingHard
Oh pack hospital bag, totally forgot that lol

Lol forgot that too, I actually forgot my bag when I was in labour with DD, forgot the carseat too lol had to send DH to fetch them when I wanted to shower and when we were heading home. Adding it to my list. :)