Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   July 2013 Chat: Jan. 1-6 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476674)

leviandgarettsmom 01-01-2013 12:31 AM

July 2013 Chat: Jan. 1-6

Happy New Year!!!!! :goodvibes:

cowangel 01-01-2013 11:49 AM

Re: July 2013 Chat: Jan. 1-6

Happy New Year! This is the year we get to welcome our babies to our family!

I'm so tired of puking here....spent last night and this morning doing more of the same...calling the dr. to see if they can up my Zofran dosage...

Hope everyone has a happy one!

mcpforever 01-01-2013 05:04 PM

I am sitting here very, very still thinking I am feeling little kicks and head butts. :) We are a little over 13 weeks, but closer to 14 weeks when early ovulation is taken into account. Last Thursday we had another U/S and got a shot of a tiny little 1cm long foot. :wub:

Holy poop! I'm pregnant! :giggle:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year so far. May the nausea ease for those who are struggling with it. I still get it randomly. I will go a few days without and then have a rush of yuck for a few hours.

3 ladybugs 01-02-2013 07:07 AM

Happy new year!

I am sorry Cowangel that your still battling morning sickness. :hugs: I battling the nausea, but not the actual sickness. My son got sick (ill not :puke: ) over the weekend and I have his cold now. So that with the nausea hasn't been fun. But I would still take this over :puke: any day! I hope you feel better soon!

Melissa - That is great that your able to feel kicks already. Is it regular or intermittent? I felt bean on Monday but haven't felt much since. I think he/she moved and now I not as sensitive where they are.

AFM - I had my ultrasound on Monday and DH was able to come. The baby was sleeping which made DH and I panic till we saw the heart beating. :blush: Everything looked well and tomorrow I am meeting with my Peri for first consult. I know him from my prior pregnancies but there was 1 thing that was unclear in my chart that needs to be sorted out before my RE can release me. In other news today is my last day of estrogen! :yay: :bliss: That means that 3 pills that I take today, I don't have to take tomorrow!!! If my peri says that I don't have to stay on progesterone, I will go off of my injections a week from tomorrow! However there is a HUGE if in that sentence so we will have to see tomorrow. Other then that, I am taking it easy still. I am looking forward to being fat and pregnant but I know all too well how quickly that time goes by so I am going to try to savor every aspect of this pregnancy. :)

I hope everyone else is well!

ETA I think I need a secretary to keep my doctors in the know. I am having to have records sent here there and the other place. I wish they would talk more to each other. :(

cowangel 01-02-2013 09:26 PM

Melissa - Yay for movement!

Jennifer - Yay for less sticks and less pills! It is weird dr.'s don't talk to each other more...

AFM - Now the nurse is talking Zofran pump...the increased Zofran tabs still aren't working much better...I'm more than a little scared of it since I truly HATE needles...sorry for being the downer...
On the up side DH was offered his dream RN job today - he starts the 28th! After 3 years of prep and school it finally seems worth it!

3 ladybugs 01-02-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowangel
Melissa - Yay for movement!

Jennifer - Yay for less sticks and less pills! It is weird dr.'s don't talk to each other more...

AFM - Now the nurse is talking Zofran pump...the increased Zofran tabs still aren't working much better...I'm more than a little scared of it since I truly HATE needles...sorry for being the downer...
On the up side DH was offered his dream RN job today - he starts the 28th! After 3 years of prep and school it finally seems worth it!

I want to caution you on the pump. When I was in chemo, I would get a whole day's worth of Zofran via iv. Within 1 hour of ending chemo (about a 3 hour process, I would get Zofran right before the last hour) I would need something more to keep the nausea at bay. I used Compozine but you can't use that while pregnant.

My point is, if that drug isn't working, changing the delivery method will only work if you are not actually getting the drug (like you can't hold it down). If you are getting the drug, then it is time to look for other options. And yes, there are other options. Be firm with your doctor and challenge them. They may not like it but it does get you what you want in the end. Look at me, my doctor wanted me to have complete pelvic radiation. I fought back and now I am pregnant (much to the surprise of my oncologists). It pays to fight. :hugs:

cowangel 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

Thanks ladybug :)

3 ladybugs 01-03-2013 04:54 PM

Saw the Peri. He said that I will get monthly ultrasounds till sometime around 24-25 weeks and at that point I will be good and likely to go to term. Placenta issues and fibrous uterus is the biggest concern. I guess at that point they figure things are good in there. He seemed optimistic and told me to contact the doctor who delivered DS to deliver this baby.

I am going to try to schedule her appointment so she falls between the scans (which are 6 weeks apart :headscratch:). She will let me come in for doppler checks though, so I will try to see her in 2 weeks. That would be easier for me.

I am also suppose to go down to just 200 mg Prometrium twice a day and stay there till about 16 weeks. I guess at least it isn't an injection but I am not loving the prometrium side effects right now!

Oh and he said I can deliver at the hospital I want to. Continuity of care will make insurance companies scared so I will get to deliver there even if they give me a hard time.

cowangel 01-06-2013 02:46 PM

Still sick a lot here...vomiting and nausea. The Dr tried an additional med but its giving me migraines...not sure what else to try except the pump...I am so tired of feeling this way and SH is away this week on a mission trip...Really I just want to cry...

mcpforever 01-06-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowangel (Post 16122812)
Still sick a lot here...vomiting and nausea. The Dr tried an additional med but its giving me migraines...not sure what else to try except the pump...I am so tired of feeling this way and SH is away this week on a mission trip...Really I just want to cry...

:hugs: