Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Finding a doctor problems (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476767)

missydawn 01-01-2013 12:26 PM

Finding a doctor problems

I still have not found a doctor yet. I was really wanting to do a water birth but come to find out that is not an option here. I have to either have a normal hospital birth or unassisted at home. I don't want to go unassisted. I am just kinda bummed. Plus there is not a lot of doctors here to choose from none of which do water births. I was just hoping for a different birth for this one.

s@hmommy 01-01-2013 01:46 PM

Re: Finding a doctor problems

We don't have any real options here either. I like my doctor well enough but would jump at the chance to see a more natural minded ob. He is very pro inductions, I think for his own convenience since he is the only ob in town and has a ton of patients. I have to be very assertive with him to make sure what he is doing is needed.

divergirldee 01-01-2013 03:35 PM

sorry to both of you ladies who aren't able to get the birth you desire. @missydawn, does your state not allow midwifes to do homebirths? or were you hoping to do a water birth in the hospital? Just wondering because here in Texas MWs (CNM, CPM, and uncertified) are all legal and can do homebirths or birth center, but I don't think there is a hospital or hospital-birth-center that does water births.

BeastMasterMama 01-01-2013 03:59 PM

You might try finding local mamas in your area (maybe through Mothering.com, or ds?) and see about the best OB for natural birth. I'm sorry that water birth is not an option, I loved the tub when I was in labor with my second. I would be very reluctant to do unassisted, too, I guess midwives aren't legal in Wyoming? Bummer!

Andbabymakes2 01-01-2013 05:05 PM

I haven't picked a dr yet either. I have one in mind, who I think will be better in tune with what we want. Small town = not much choice either. No mw's close either. I'd love for another hb, but just isn't going to happen. We live 5min tops from the hosp though, so I am going to labor here as long as possible before driving to the hosp. I can have our pool set up and ready.

KCmomma 01-01-2013 08:18 PM

I would ask around. When I lived in NC, it was illegal for them to do homebirths but there were several who were "underground" that would still do it. Good luck to you!

KCmomma 01-01-2013 08:21 PM

Them being midwives.

momto2princesses 01-02-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCmomma (Post 16102800)
I would ask around. When I lived in NC, it was illegal for them to do homebirths but there were several who were "underground" that would still do it. Good luck to you!

This. I live in MD and its the same here. It was so much easier last time when we were in TX. There were a million choices for hb midwives!

lynn97 01-02-2013 08:01 AM

I'm sorry, OP. Midwifery and homebirth have only been legal in my state for a few years. I wanted a water birth w/DS but needed to birth at a hospital b/c if complications I had. My hospital used to offer labor tubs but got rid of them a few years ago :-( I hope you can find a doctor and birthing center that you are comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

missydawn 01-02-2013 10:48 AM

Well I think I found a doctor and made an appointment. I can't get in to see her until Feb 18 th.