Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Big Mama's January support thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476771)

umphreysmommy 01-01-2013 12:30 PM

Big Mama's January support thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

I know it is a little intimidating to give your weight, but I really feel it is important to "say it out loud", so if you can, say that number for the last time and watch it shrink!

This thread is for the Big Mamas...women who are about 50-70lbs or more over their healthy weight (or were at the beginning of their journey). Join the ladies and I as we work our way to a healthier us!

umphreysmommy 01-01-2013 12:33 PM

Your name Stephanie
Starting Weight 211
Current Weight 193.5
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) lose the 3.5 lbs I gained in December this week and then to 180 by 3/7/13
Long-Term Goal 150? At least 165 before TTC in the spring/summer when AF returns
Weight Lost to Date 17.5 lbs
Weight Loss Plan weight watchers

Ok new year and new month! December was bad and I got down to 189 at one point but officially today I am at 193.5. I think with a strong week I can be to 190 by next Tuesday.

No more cheating at all and need to be super accountable.

tallanvor 01-01-2013 02:14 PM

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

You beat me to it! I was actually going to start a new thread instead of waiting for someone else to do so. lol

I don't know where I stand at the moment in regards to weight. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and see. I am starting on the no soda kick today, and cutting back on refined sugars and grains. Tomorrow is also my day to get back on the elliptical, I think.

Oh, and for those who are new, my name is Crystal.

umphreysmommy 01-01-2013 03:28 PM

:) I am REALLY excited to get back to work here.

Did great today. Tons of water and coming in at exactly my points.

Yummy pot roast with veggies is in the oven right now!

KiltedKingdom 01-01-2013 03:40 PM

Your name: Jennifer
Starting Weight: 255
Current Weight: 249
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): 230 by March 1
Long-Term Goal: 150
Weight Lost to Date: 6 lbs!
Weight Loss Plan: Start with a cleanse/detox, then cut out white foods and exercise (30 day shred then p90x once I'm comfortable with level 3)

Hi mamas. I've been in and out for years now, and now I'm back in! DH had a doctor's appt. last week for his diabetes and he says he needs to lose 40 lbs (I WISH I only had 40 to lose!). So now he's going to be supportive with what I'm trying to do. It's hard to not eat sweets when DH insists that we keep donuts and chocolate in the house :/ So I weighed myself last week, and I've been on a cleanse for a couple of days now and I'm trying desperately to kick the sugar habit.

slimy72 01-02-2013 08:54 AM

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Maintain weight and not gain over Christmas
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

I'm really needing to get back at it. Luckily over the month of Dec. I lost a lb and gained back the same lb, so at least I am starting at the exact same point I left off on. This month marks 1 year on my journey to getting healthy. It also marks the one year mark since my dad had his heart attack (what made me decide I need to do this for real). So here's to getting back on track. I need to cut out the sugar! It's been my downfall all this month. Yesterday I made absolutely amazing chocolate cream filled gluten free donuts. They were so good, but I ate to many. I've been eating sweets non stop. So here's to getting back on track and hopefully I can make it to goal weight (finally) in this new year.

l_Kimmie_l 01-02-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 16104276)
Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Maintain weight and not gain over Christmas
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

I'm really needing to get back at it. Luckily over the month of Dec. I lost a lb and gained back the same lb, so at least I am starting at the exact same point I left off on. This month marks 1 year on my journey to getting healthy. It also marks the one year mark since my dad had his heart attack (what made me decide I need to do this for real). So here's to getting back on track. I need to cut out the sugar! It's been my downfall all this month. Yesterday I made absolutely amazing chocolate cream filled gluten free donuts. They were so good, but I ate to many. I've been eating sweets non stop. So here's to getting back on track and hopefully I can make it to goal weight (finally) in this new year.

Glad to see you back. I indulged a bit in sugary goodness and gained 3 lbs back. I lost 2 of it. I am also stalled out again. I am glad the holidays are over.

l_Kimmie_l 01-02-2013 09:01 AM

Your name: Kimmie
Starting Weight: 172 in Aug 2012 (was over 190 in April)
Current Weight: 137
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): 130 by April
Long-Term Goal: 125
Weight Lost to Date: 50 lbs since April 2012
Weight Loss Plan: Eating healthy and only when hungry. Drinking plenty of water and only eating until I feel full.

slimy72 01-02-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16104294)
Glad to see you back. I indulged a bit in sugary goodness and gained 3 lbs back. I lost 2 of it. I am also stalled out again. I am glad the holidays are over.

Thanks. I've just been feeling really down with life in general lately, which means weight loss and really caring aboug much has taken a back seat. But today is a new start and I know I need to get back at it.

l_Kimmie_l 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 16104661)
Thanks. I've just been feeling really down with life in general lately, which means weight loss and really caring aboug much has taken a back seat. But today is a new start and I know I need to get back at it.

I hope things are back on the upswing. This time of year is hard for sure. I know it makes my anxiety/PTSD and OCD worse.