Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   What is the baby's nickname? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476816)

NappyChappy 01-01-2013 01:34 PM

What is the baby's nickname?

With DS we always called 'him' O-, as in both our blood type. We haven't had a major NN for this baby~ usually Baby or LoveBug. I guess this only really works if you don't know what you are having...

aaiya 01-01-2013 06:20 PM

Re: What is the baby's nickname?

Our first was Small Fry.
Our second was Little Bug.
This one is Tummy Baby.

mommy2fourmunchkins 01-01-2013 07:00 PM

Lately it's been Beast because he's such a trouble maker. In the beginning it was Bean.

joeslittlewoman 01-01-2013 07:21 PM

Early on it was "wiggle worm", but we've recently been calling him "Thomahawk" since his name is Thomason.

We originally wanted to find a B nn since we called his brothers Bandit (for stealing my energy) and Boomer (for jumping the gun) in utero. We couldn't come up with a good B name, and dh didn't like "baby Omega" (because he is supposed to be the last), so we landed on "wiggle worm" for the first little bit.

va703 01-02-2013 07:20 AM

We refer to him as "new kid" or "#4." Not very inspiring nicknames, huh? :blush:

Sunshine915 01-02-2013 10:53 AM

DD1 was "Pooka" and DD2 was "Pooka2." The name came from a license plate we saw in the ER parking lot when we were leaving after I had some horrible bleeding very early in my pregnancy. For whatever reason, it stuck. I eventually read online that a pooka is some sort of creepy weird Irish goblin...so, yeah. Apparently I need to google nicknames hahahaha

Our loss is named Heisler. My husband is a big train nut, and builds steam engines. When we found out we were expecting, DH said that this baby would be helping him build the Heisler engine that he's planning on building in a few more years. We ended up keeping this name because our baby passed away before we could determine gender, and somehow it just seemed right since that's the name we bonded with over those few precious months. I really miss my little Heisler...

This baby was nicknamed Babka (after the Seinfeld episode). Oddly, both DH and I could NOT remember the nickname and have been rattling our brains for weeks trying to remember. It finally dawned on DH this morning. I think I couldn't remember because I constantly slipped up and called his one Heisler in the beginning. I was in a very challenging place for those first months, and terrified about losing my baby again.

Finding out the gender and being able to officially name this baby (Catherine :wub:) has been more therapeutic than I would have expected.

Sorry, this post is more of a downer than it should be. But, getting this out somehow helps, too. I feel so much better now that DH miraculously remembered Babka today. It was really upsetting me that I couldn't remember something so simple, and it was really driving home just how upsetting my loss was. I think I live in denial sometimes, still. Anyway, yay for nicknames! It's really fun to see the different ways we name our munchkins right from the start :)

NutMeg4189 01-02-2013 11:38 AM

Our first was nicknamed "Chickenhead." I know it sounds awful but when we found out we were expecting we looked up what the baby looked like and it looked like a Chicken haha. It just stuck until we found out she was a girl. We then started calling her Lynney Bug and that has become Buggy over the past 3 years.

This time we asked Ashlynn what we should call our little baby until we found out what we were having. Her answer was "Squirrel." So this baby was Baby Squirrel until we found out it was a boy. Then we started calling him Nolan and I've taken to calling him Little Man.

amb2j 01-03-2013 10:16 AM

We call her "Nameless Baby Girl" lol! We really need to nail down a name :-)
My sis is expecting and weeks back read that her baby was the size of a raspberry. Somehow that stuck and EVERYONE refers to her 13 week bean as Raspberry!

peep_erz 01-06-2013 11:03 AM

Before we decided on a name it we called the baby "Little Bean" or "Little Peep".

sterlids 01-06-2013 04:50 PM

so far it's just been baby girl, little lady or lady a. we're big on nicknames in our house so i'm sure she'll acquire a few more once she is born and we get to know her personality.