Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Milk donation (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476963)

kbates05 01-01-2013 08:11 PM

Milk donation

Soo excited. Just met up with a momma I found using Eats for Feets and have a cute 6 month old little girl 1048 ounces which will last her almost a month. So excited to be able to help a little one that cannot handle formula at all. Anyone else donate to others?

FindingMercy 01-01-2013 08:19 PM

I've fed a total of 19 babies in my 4+ years of nursing including my own 3 (2 biological, 1adopted). I've found most of my recipients through Human Milk for Human Babies, but have also donated to and wet nursed my nephews and donated to a couple friends in need.

Sarah-B 01-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbates05
Soo excited. Just met up with a momma I found using Eats for Feets and have a cute 6 month old little girl 1048 ounces which will last her almost a month. So excited to be able to help a little one that cannot handle formula at all. Anyone else donate to others?

Just amazing!

Sarah-B 01-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy
I've fed a total of 19 babies in my 4+ years of nursing including my own 3 (2 biological, 1adopted). I've found most of my recipients through Human Milk for Human Babies, but have also donated to and wet nursed my nephews and donated to a couple friends in need.

So darn nice of you and really really wonderful to hear :)

Sarah-B 01-01-2013 08:34 PM

I have offered to pump extra for our niece but the chose formula instead. We have a friend that adopted a baby recently & the same thing I offered and they chose formula.
DD is 6 months old 19lbs and EBF so she is doing great.
I feel silly donating to anyone now after having been turned down twice ...
All I wanted to do was be nice and helpful hmmmm

mommy24babes 01-01-2013 08:38 PM

Yes I have donated with my last 3 babies.
Twice to mamas through a mutual friend and to 2 mamas I found through human milk for human babies. I had huge oversupply even tandem nursing and my kids would not really take pumped milk. I would have loved to donate longer this time but finding the time to pump and clean pump parts with 4 kids was just too much.

mommy24babes 01-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B
I have offered to pump extra for our niece but the chose formula instead. We have a friend that adopted a baby recently & the same thing I offered and they chose formula.

Check out human milk for human babies. They have local pages for those seeking milk and those seeking to donate.

PurpleDaffodil 01-01-2013 10:23 PM

Re: Milk donation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B (Post 16103127)

Don't give up! I'm not sure why anyone would say no to that liquid gold, but once you find someone, they will appreciate you more than you know!

I donate to a baby at church and try and give her enough for at least a bottle a day! It feels great to be helping her!

HeatherlovesCDs 01-02-2013 12:19 AM

Re: Milk donation

I donated with my last babies (twins). It felt really good to help out another child. She was adopted and on all formula, but the formula made her constipated. Just one bottle of BM a day kept her regular and comfortable. It was nice to be able to provide that.

I currently have about 60 oz in the freezer. I'll keep pumping and at some point as the milk gets close to "expiring," I may donate it. Right now, it's my insurance since I've had issues with supply in the past. I wish I could pump more and donate and have my insurance stash. I just don't have time with 6 kids who are 7 and under.

Very generous of you OP!! :D

jaelynsmommy61607 01-02-2013 01:28 AM

I donated to my friend. Its awesome to be able to share.