Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Testing the WAHM Waters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Cloth pads - what do you like best? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477294)

bigmamakelsey 01-02-2013 04:07 PM

Cloth pads - what do you like best?

I'm going to start making mama cloth to sell :D I wanted to see what YOU like in your mama cloth:thumbsup:
Favorite top layer :

Favorite absorbent layer :

Favorite backing:

Favorite length for liners :

Favorite length for day pads :

Favorite length for overnight/postpartum :

Do you like different options (lots of different fabrics, styles, different absorbecy in all sizes, ect.) or simplicity? (light liners, moderate regular length, heavy long length, all minky or all bamboo, ect.) :

Exposed fleece (on the wings, like pampered mama, go with the flo, ect.) or all fabric tops including wings (like tree hugger) :

What is most important to you assuming they both function well - cuteness, or price?:

What attracts you more - low flat rate shipping, or more add on shipping the more you buy (ie, less shipping for a smaller order vs. flat rate) :

Anything else you can add would be SUPER helpful! I'm excited to get started I'm just feeling wishy washy with what I'd like to do.

Any shop names are also welcomed!! I had one in mind, but nothing is set in stone. I'll be selling mama cloth mainly, maybe nursing pads, wetbags and family cloth as well.

MommyLyssa 01-02-2013 04:15 PM

Re: What do you like to see in mama cloth?

I'm going to start making mama cloth to sell I wanted to see what YOU like in your mama cloth
Favorite top layer : minky, minky, minky!

Favorite absorbent layer : I don't really know the difference...as long as it is absorbent!

Favorite backing: Fleece, but I don't care too much.

Favorite length for liners : I really prefer shorter lengths. 6-7 inches

Favorite length for day pads : Once again, I prefer short...9 inches or so.

Favorite length for overnight/postpartum : Over night, 11, but I normally end up using heavy and I prefer those to be 9inches

Do you like different options (lots of different fabrics, styles, different absorbecy in all sizes, ect.) or simplicity? (light liners, moderate regular length, heavy long length, all minky or all bamboo, ect.) : I love variety...especially with prints. Not going to lie- many times that is what will sell me.

Exposed fleece (on the wings, like pampered mama, go with the flo, ect.) or all fabric tops including wings (like tree hugger) : I prefer the look of all fabric, but I really do find exposed to feel trimmer/less bulky, and more comfortable, so my vote is for exposed.

What is most important to you assuming they both function well - cuteness, or price?:
Yikes! This is a hard one. But, I am going to have to say cute. I will buy slowly in order to get prints that I like if they are a little more expensive (if it is still reasonable, of course)

What attracts you more - low flat rate shipping, or more add on shipping the more you buy (ie, less shipping for a smaller order vs. flat rate) : Yikes! This is a hard one...Whatever ends up being the cheapest option. I like the flat rate when buying bigger purchases, but when I just want to grab one extra liner at a time, I dont want to pay flat rate.

Anything else you can add would be SUPER helpful! I'm excited to get started I'm just feeling wishy washy with what I'd like to do.

I am so excited for you to start! :) Love mama cloth :) :) Obviously you will rock this, but customer service is pretty necessary. Plus, I like having the option of customs...getting to look through fabric choices and pick. I didn't see that mentioned here. I really like a trim fit...I hate feeling bulky down there...makes me feel even more gross than I already do having bloody, bulky messes...

If I think of more I will post! :)
Any shop names are also welcomed!! I had one in mind, but nothing is set in stone. I'll be selling mama cloth mainly, maybe nursing pads, wetbags and family cloth as well.

bigmamakelsey 01-02-2013 04:19 PM

Re: MAMA CLOTH - what do you like best?

Thanks so much! :hugs:

I do plan on having customs open, depending on my schedule for other things and how fast I'm able to whip up products. If I do open customs, I would like to have them done really quickly. Nothing worse than waiting 4 weeks for a few pads!!;)

MommyLyssa 01-02-2013 04:30 PM

Makes sense :) Keep me in mind for testers if you do them! Hope you are able to get lots of feedback before you start :)

And that is true. Luckily, all custom pads I have purchased so far have been at my door within a week!

bigmamakelsey 01-02-2013 04:34 PM

Thanks, I definitely will! It'll be awhile. I'm still in the process of ordering my supplies, and I'll probably try out a few different styles myself before opening for testers :goodvibes:

bigmamakelsey 01-03-2013 10:04 AM

:bump: :D

MommyLyssa 01-03-2013 10:23 AM

I wish I could be more than one person to give you feedback...Haha!

bigmamakelsey 01-03-2013 11:24 AM

:giggle: I wish I was able to cross post this somewhere else, this forum doesn't get a lot of action!

MommyLyssa 01-03-2013 11:40 AM

I am tempted to go post something along the lines of...so excited BigmamaKelsey is going to open a shop!!! I am so excited :lostit:

bigmamakelsey 01-03-2013 11:51 AM

:giggle: :hugs: You're awesome, mama!!

I posted in the mama cloth testimonial thread, thought that'd be ok!