Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   accountability (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477313)

elizabeth.scalf 01-02-2013 05:18 PM

accountability

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...102_191450.jpg

Ok fellow minimalists. This is my embarrassing picture of my sewing stuff. Had to drag it out of 3 different rooms to get this picture. And yes. Most of the dresser drawrs hold fabric. So, over the next month, this is my project. I'll post new pics in february. Hopefully I'll have it down to one large tub and a few small totes of accessories. That's my goal anyway. I need to get realistic about how much sewing I do these days. Wish me luck!

TypeAMom 01-02-2013 05:22 PM

Re: accountability

Lots of luck! U kin do it!

elizabeth.scalf 01-02-2013 05:35 PM

Thanks!!!

Is the picture showing? Its not on my phone so I can't tell if you all can see it or not. We are out of town for 2 weeks in January so I'll really only have the other 2 to work on it. Its been nagging me for a while!

TypeAMom 01-02-2013 05:37 PM

Yea, I can see the pic.

KiltedKingdom 01-02-2013 05:38 PM

I can see the pic. :)

I need to go through my sewing stuff, too. I went through it once already, I just have a hard time getting rid of that stuff, but I need to let most of it go. It's just not something I have time/attention/patience for.

elizabeth.scalf 01-02-2013 05:42 PM

I just keep thinking that the worst that could happen is I don't end up making some cute project that ends up cluttering my house. Win-win, right? Plus, when there's a project I really want to do I end up going out and buying new fabric anyway, I rarely use up my scraps.

solarbabies 01-02-2013 05:42 PM

That is my HARDEST spot! My materials! I hardly ever sew! Good luck.

clothlover8 01-02-2013 06:38 PM

Goodluck, this was my hardest area for the longest time. I don't even have a sewing machine now, I freecycled it. I donated all the fabric. I miss it a little but the truth is I rarely used it. It was one of my 'fantasy' selves. I had visions of sewing all the kids clothes but in reality when I get given so many hand-me-downs and clothes are so cheap at the thrift shop it really wasn't worth the effort and I never had the time.

I still find myself browsing fabric online though and I think when the kids are all older and at school I might find myself getting back into simple quilts again.

clothlover8 01-02-2013 06:38 PM

Goodluck, this was my hardest area for the longest time. I don't even have a sewing machine now, I freecycled it. I donated all the fabric. I miss it a little but the truth is I rarely used it. It was one of my 'fantasy' selves. I had visions of sewing all the kids clothes but in reality when I get given so many hand-me-downs and clothes are so cheap at the thrift shop it really wasn't worth the effort and I never had the time.

I still find myself browsing fabric online though and I think when the kids are all older and at school I might find myself getting back into simple quilts again.

elizabeth.scalf 01-03-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothlover8 (Post 16107258)

I think that's exactly what needs to happen with me too.