Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mucous plug... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477453)

Green Decals 01-03-2013 07:43 AM

Mucous plug...

When did your mucous plug come out, or start to, and when did you actually have your baby - provided no extra "help" such as stripping of membranes, induction, etc.?

Foxsma 01-03-2013 08:34 AM

Re: Mucous plug...

Mine started to come out a week before I went into labor. I went into labor naturally and had a great birth. I freaked out and called my doula who told me it can kinda "grow back" and mine kept coming out all the way until the last minute of labor! I kept commenting how gross it was but I was so freaked as all my friends had theirs come out all at once, but not me!

Caz 01-03-2013 08:48 AM

Mine didn't come out until labor had already started. With DS, my water broke, but it was over 12 hrs after that before I was having contractions or even dilated past 2cm, my plug didn't come out until I was around 4cm. With DD, I got a little bit of blood-tinged mucous a few hours before contractions started and my water broke, but didn't actually lose my plug until transition, about 45min before she was born.

abunchoflemons 01-03-2013 08:49 AM

Depends on what...I had lots of mucus here & there close to due date. But then blood with it like 2 days before I went in. I did have to have waters broken though as my girls didn't feel need to do so.

SaraElise 01-03-2013 09:26 AM

With #1 and #2 while I was in labor, 5.5 and 4.5 hours before they were born. With #3 about 12 hours before real labor started, about 36 hours before she was born.

canadianbakers 01-03-2013 09:34 AM

I never lost my plug with the first 3 (at least not that I noticed).
With DS3, I started losing bits of plug Friday evening, continued off and on all through Saturday and Sunday, then labor started at 1:30am Sunday night/Monday morning. So... I'd say 50-someodd hours between starting to lose the plug and labor?

JennTheMomma 01-03-2013 09:50 AM

The only time I noticed a plug was with ds1 while I was in labor. I've never been induced.

newcdmommy29 01-03-2013 10:33 AM

I lost bits of my plug for a couple weeks. Then I lost a LOT at work one day and it was 1-2 days later that DD was born. I was at a 4 for 2 weeks before DD was born.

bigmamakelsey 01-03-2013 11:21 AM

I started to loose my plug with both my kids in the morning, and went into labor the same night.

jennayoung99 01-03-2013 11:27 AM

I started having contractions in the morning, lost my plug that evening, dd was born the next evening.