Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Grovia Prefolds vs Flips Organic Insert?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477478)

mommyto2QT 01-03-2013 08:49 AM

New Grovia Prefolds vs Flips Organic Insert??

I like the Flip Organic Inserts. I LOVE how absorbent they are. However, mine are showing signs of wear & tear (small holes forming along seams) and I would like to either purchase more or find another alternative. I want something either the same size or thinner - nothing thicker! And would want it to hold just as much pee.

Anyone try the new Grovia Prefolds?

ZoeyMakesThree 01-03-2013 08:52 AM

Have you tried thirsties hemp prefolds?

RockinLou 01-03-2013 08:53 AM

Re: New Grovia Prefolds vs Flips Organic Insert??

I was a tester and have a size 3, i was never impressed with my cotton prefolds, but this one I love. My son can sleep through the night in the prefold alone. I add a booster for peace of mind, but neither are fully saturated.
I have never tried a flip so I can't compare there, but I can say I love the GroVia prefold more than my DSQ cottons.

MamaBearof4 01-03-2013 07:31 PM

I would like to know as well. I love my Flips, but need to increase my stash. I was thinking about Grovia prefolds or possibly Imagine bamboo prefolds. I too would like something a little thinner than Flips, but need something for a heavy wetter. Any feedback would be great.

crunchyNurseMommy 01-03-2013 07:45 PM

I have imagine bamboo prefolds, flip organics & thirsties hemp prefolds. I'll post a side by side by side pic tomorrow for everyone :)

Pixi6s 01-03-2013 07:47 PM

When inserts start getting holes do they need to be replaced? I've wondered this. All my joey bunz hemp have holes. Not sure if I should replace them for #2 go just go one using them....

MamaBearof4 01-03-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
I have imagine bamboo prefolds, flip organics & thirsties hemp prefolds. I'll post a side by side by side pic tomorrow for everyone :)

That would be wonderful. How do they compare as far as absorbency?

Pixi6s 01-03-2013 07:57 PM

Okay you guys got me interested. My 3 year old has been leaking out of his night time diaper this week - it stinks he goes a week almost dry - then a week of flooding. We use a BG 4.0 mf and a med jb hemp. Do you think the grovia prefold, imagine med or lg bamboo prefold or the thirties hemp sz 2 prefolds would absorb more? Maybe still with the jb hemp as well?

I haven't used much bamboo. the only doubler I have hasn't impressed me, but it also isn't very big.

thoughtfulmama 01-03-2013 10:05 PM

Are flips just plain 100% cotton? No interlock or knit?

me_just_me 01-03-2013 10:16 PM

I have a Grovia size two prefold and I used it alone last night. I was planning on changing in the middle of the night, but didn't. There were no leaks in the morning and my DD nursed a few times at night. It was very, very wet though!

But I haven't tried it other than this one time. I'm going to try a few more times to see it if was just a fluke or if it will reliably work for nights.