Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477508)

wkocher19 01-03-2013 09:56 AM

Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
I never had issues with leaking until DD hit about 16 months. Now at 19 months she leaks out of just about every diaper. And I stuff them full of inserts. It's not even that they're completely soaked - just the front. They get all bunched up and then leak out of the sides of the diapers. This is true of AIOs, pockets and ones I trifold or pin in a cover.. Any suggestions?? I'm so tired of changing her clothes & mine every day!! And nighttime is even worse.. Help!

seacat 01-03-2013 11:15 AM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Have you tried fitteds? This is what I switched to when we started getting leaks. The only pocket diaper that I have found that doesn't leak is a BG 4.0 and I am stuffing with one large prefold either Imagine Large (blue) or GMD brown edge.

babycat42 01-03-2013 11:27 AM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
What inserts are you using?

wkocher19 01-03-2013 12:46 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
I used fitteds at night but without much success. None of the covers I have cover the fitteds completely. Some little part always sticks out and gets her clothes/pjs wet. I have Econobum, Flips, Thirsties (original style and duo), Sweet Peas, and a Bummis pull-on.

wkocher19 01-03-2013 12:49 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by babycat42 (Post 16109776)
What inserts are you using?

I use mostly Joey Bunz hemp inserts with a few bamboo/cotton inserts as well in my pockets. I have a couple Thirsties hemp inserts. No microfiber. I also have GMD Large flats that I trifold and pin, Flips Organics, and Sloomb bamboo terry squares that I use inside covers.

seacat 01-03-2013 12:55 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkocher19 (Post 16110122)
I used fitteds at night but without much success. None of the covers I have cover the fitteds completely. Some little part always sticks out and gets her clothes/pjs wet. I have Econobum, Flips, Thirsties (original style and duo), Sweet Peas, and a Bummis pull-on.

What fitteds are you using? I had to switch covers because I had about the same assortment that you have and you are right none of those cover a large fitted. I switch to a Bummis Large cover or a Blueberry cover and I put it under wool at night. This the only thing that kept our sheets dry.

seacat 01-03-2013 01:03 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkocher19 (Post 16110138)
I use mostly Joey Bunz hemp inserts with a few bamboo/cotton inserts as well in my pockets. I have a couple Thirsties hemp inserts. No microfiber. I also have GMD Large flats that I trifold and pin, Flips Organics, and Sloomb bamboo terry squares that I use inside covers.

I found I got more leaks using a cover and a trifold than a pocket.What size are the sbish flats? I would think those and a JB would work. Flip organics didn't work (Karen over at GMD said the flat surface may contribute to leaks that I got, which is why I switched to stuffing with prefolds). I would think that a GMD flat in a pocket or a sbish flat (depending on the size) should work what pockets are you using?

wkocher19 01-03-2013 01:12 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat (Post 16110209)
I found I got more leaks using a cover and a trifold than a pocket.What size are the sbish flats? I would think those and a JB would work. Flip organics didn't work (Karen over at GMD said the flat surface may contribute to leaks that I got, which is why I switched to stuffing with prefolds). I would think that a GMD flat in a pocket or a sbish flat (depending on the size) should work what pockets are you using?

Medium sbish flats - I haven't used them in a while because they are SO bulky when trifolded and they're too small to pin on her now. I feel like she has to be uncomfortable with much bulk. Makes me think of those huge pads they give you at the hospital after giving birth, lol..

I use BG 4.0, Kawaiis, and Charlie Banana pockets. I'll try using the GMD flats as an insert but I have a feeling it will be the same thing - bunched up in the front and leaking on the sides. :(

wkocher19 01-03-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat (Post 16110169)
What fitteds are you using? I had to switch covers because I had about the same assortment that you have and you are right none of those cover a large fitted. I switch to a Bummis Large cover or a Blueberry cover and I put it under wool at night. This the only thing that kept our sheets dry.

P.S. Thanks for the cover recommendations. I may try one of those if the Stacinator So Simple that I have coming in the mail doesn't work for nighttime. I've not crossed into the wool arena and the price/look of it has me not really wanting to..

AHASRADA 01-03-2013 01:16 PM

Re: Toddler leaks out of EVERYTHING
 
My dd isn't a super heavy wetter, but I have had great success with ME Sandy's (with a stay-dry cotton liner and a Thirsties hemp doubler) with a Stacinator cover. These are the best covers for overnight IMO, because they come down on the thighs so it is impossible for any of the fitted to be sticking out, but with fleece binding so no red marks. I get them from Nicki's listed under "pull-up covers".

ETA: I just saw you have one coming in the mail! Hope it works for you!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors