Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Babywearing in the shower? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477511)

mommadeeof4+ 01-03-2013 10:03 AM

Babywearing in the shower?

Anyone babywear in the shower? What do you use? Do you feel like the baby is safe and do you feel like you are able to get yourself clean? Any information or opinions are greatly appreciated :goodvibes:

juliasmom 01-03-2013 11:51 AM

I have using my SBP mesh RS. I only do it on occasion (stuffy nose, cranky baby, hotel) but DD really liked it. It felt safe for sure. I could clean most of myself and DD pretty well.

bluedaisyma 01-03-2013 12:00 PM

I never ended up using mesh rs in the shower, just held the baby and have had no issues. I usually do it when dh is home and hand him off but sometimes I would put a towel in a baby seat in the bathroom so I could get in and then pick up baby and then wrap him in a towel in his seat while I finished up

mommadeeof4+ 01-04-2013 07:51 AM

Re: Babywearing in the shower?

ty ladies!

hendrixbri 01-04-2013 08:01 AM

I didn't even know this was possible. I'm expecting my first soon-- and was just thinking about this while I was in the shower the other day.

mommadeeof4+ 01-04-2013 08:22 AM

i think it will be very helpful! i have taken my babies into the shower/bath plenty of times but its hard to wash my hair or anything because im trying to get a good grip on a slippery baby lol. My baby is super happy and always on me in a sling/ergo EXCEPT for the 20 minutes a day (Or every other day...lol) i TRY to take a shower!
Quote:

Originally Posted by hendrixbri (Post 16113082)
I didn't even know this was possible. I'm expecting my first soon-- and was just thinking about this while I was in the shower the other day.

ctierney 01-04-2013 02:36 PM

i hadnt considered this. i bath my son in the tub with me at night then pass him to dh so i can bathe and dh dresses him. it works for us so far.

leftshoe2 01-04-2013 07:23 PM

When DD was a newb, I would shower with her and pass off to DH for me to finish up...we didn't use a carrier

WannaBeGreen2011 01-04-2013 07:39 PM

Like others, I just held baby in the shower when he was tiny. I generally handed off too so I could finish up. If hubby wasnt home, baby didnt come in the shower with me.

Once he got older, I'd put his infant seat in the shower with me, just out of the stream of water, and he'd just play happily. A lot less slippery!

From my iPhone, probably while BF'ing.

Palooka 01-04-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
i think it will be very helpful! i have taken my babies into the shower/bath plenty of times but its hard to wash my hair or anything because im trying to get a good grip on a slippery baby lol. My baby is super happy and always on me in a sling/ergo EXCEPT for the 20 minutes a day (Or every other day...lol) i TRY to take a shower!

How old is your baby? We bought a Johnny jump up mainly for this purpose when babe was 4 months. He would sit happily swinging while I talked to him from the shower. :)