Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG curling tabs - sell or snap convert? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477535)

faiths13 01-03-2013 11:42 AM

BG curling tabs - sell or snap convert?

I have some BGOS that have aplix curling. Some are unusable as they are because once my ds starts running around his pants rub on the aplix and it comes undone. Some are okish still, lol. So Im thinking should I just try to sell them (obviously wouldnt get much) or snap convert? They dont even fit my ds very well anymore. Some are seconds and I wouldnt have a os insert to go with it. So if I were to sell, how much could I get for them? Looks like about $3.75 each to snap convert.

melissamomof3girls 01-03-2013 11:53 AM

Re: BG curling tabs - sell or snap convert?

I just replaced aplix on a dozen of our BGOS. It will get us through potty-training. If you think your elastic has a long ways to go, I'd snap-convert. If you think it's going too, I'd just sell and move on. :goodvibes:

faiths13 01-03-2013 11:59 AM

well i dont know if the elastic will hold up...it seems ok right now. i have a bunch of aios otw right now, so these would just be like diaper bag diapers.

melissamomof3girls 01-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 16109920)
well i dont know if the elastic will hold up...it seems ok right now. i have a bunch of aios otw right now, so these would just be like diaper bag diapers.

I know it's hard to say. I can tell the elastic on ours isn't like it used to be, but it's hard to say how long it has. :goodvibes:

faiths13 01-03-2013 12:03 PM

i think part of my decision is how much can i really get for them? because will anyone really want to buy them with the curling aplix? if i cant sell them for more than shipping i think it would be better to convert and get more life from them.

melissamomof3girls 01-03-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 16109939)
i think part of my decision is how much can i really get for them? because will anyone really want to buy them with the curling aplix? if i cant sell them for more than shipping i think it would be better to convert and get more life from them.

I hear ya. Depends how bad it's curling. If they're not sticking well anymore, maybe it would be best to convert them and use them up. :)

If you can sew a bit, the replacements are $1/diaper from cottonbabies with free shipping. So I spent $12 to fix 12 of my BG. It does take a little work to get the tabs off, but once I got going it went faster.

faiths13 01-03-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 16109942)
I hear ya. Depends how bad it's curling. If they're not sticking well anymore, maybe it would be best to convert them and use them up. :)

If you can sew a bit, the replacements are $1/diaper from cottonbabies with free shipping. So I spent $12 to fix 12 of my BG. It does take a little work to get the tabs off, but once I got going it went faster.

hmmm thats a thought...do you need a sewing machine to sew them on? cuz i dont have one.

melissamomof3girls 01-03-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 16109945)
hmmm thats a thought...do you need a sewing machine to sew them on? cuz i dont have one.

Yes, I'd probably only attempt it with a sewing machine. :(

faiths13 01-03-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 16109948)
Yes, I'd probably only attempt it with a sewing machine. :(

darn!

melissamomof3girls 01-03-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13 (Post 16109955)
darn!

:cry:

I would think $8ppd each is probably fair with slightly curled aplix?