Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Itti Bitti AIOs or SIOs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477634)

E_Sage 01-03-2013 05:40 PM

Itti Bitti AIOs or SIOs?

I'm new to cloth diapering, and I'm collecting up a stash of several brands to try out. I am lazy with laundry sorting; I have mostly AIOs and a few Kissa fitteds and covers. Realistically, I'll be throwing all clean diapers in a drawer under the changing table, unsorted/assembled and pull one out when needed.

I'm leaning towards the Itti Bitty AIOs because there will be no post-laundry prep of diapers, so easy is good. I do like the idea of the absorbancy of SIOs, but they seem complicated, and I would use them as AIOs anyways. Which do you think I should try?

bumminbeachbabe 01-03-2013 05:43 PM

Re: Itti Bitti AIOs or SIOs?

I love my SIO's! When your baby is older(out of the breastmilk poo stage) the shell can be used over and over again. I think they're easier to deal with than pockets and dry pretty quickly too.

Jedimomma 01-03-2013 06:05 PM

I love both. Really I just love all my itti bitti! I like the aio because its so simple, but the sio is nice because you can add extra absorbancy when needed (like over night, nap time, etc...) I have a few of each and would probably recommend doing that. If you end up liking one a lot better than the other, you can always trade around to get what you like best. :)

Eta I have never been able to use a shell more than once, even with my 14 mo old. she's long past the ebf stage, but still makes messes. :/

bumminbeachbabe 01-03-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedimomma (Post 16111179)
I love both. Really I just love all my itti bitti! I like the aio because its so simple, but the sio is nice because you can add extra absorbancy when needed (like over night, nap time, etc...) I have a few of each and would probably recommend doing that. If you end up liking one a lot better than the other, you can always trade around to get what you like best. :)

Eta I have never been able to use a shell more than once, even with my 14 mo old. she's long past the ebf stage, but still makes messes. :/

We're mostly to the time the poo stage, so we can use them multiple times :giggle2:

E_Sage 01-03-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedimomma (Post 16111179)

Do either the AIOs or SIOs come with extra absorbency, like RagaBabes?

bumminbeachbabe 01-03-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_Sage
Do either the AIOs or SIOs come with extra absorbency, like RagaBabes?

The SIO's have a natural fiber insert that trifolds, an insert that has a stay dry top, and you can purchase mini doublers that snap on to the stay dry insert.

Jedimomma 01-04-2013 07:39 AM

You can also use the mini doublers on the aios, although I never have. :p

E_Sage 01-04-2013 09:42 AM

Thank you, ladies! Will the AIO with booster be as absorbent as the SIO?

Jedimomma 01-07-2013 08:48 PM

I haven't had a leak with either one, but my dd isn't a heavy wetter, so I'm no expert on it. Lol you can add more absorbancy with the sio because you can use both inserts at once, but if you're comparing one insert in the sio to the aio, they're probably about the same.