Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How many do you need? (Wardrobe) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477663)

FerventlyDreaming 01-03-2013 07:47 PM

How many do you need? (Wardrobe)

We are foster parents and this will be our first long term placement. (possibly) I have been dressing my two year old DS of course but we have TONS of clothes for him. Mainly because I am never really sure what we need. (also because there are lots of cute things) I probably only do laundry once a week. (I do random loads during the week but don't guarantee what is needed will be in the bunch that gets done.) Assuming the child comes with no clothes what would we need? I can always get more later but we need to make sure we get what we absolutely need.

With all of that what should a wardrobe consist of for a child this age (4)?

Celeste 01-03-2013 08:11 PM

Re: How many do you need? (Wardrobe)

How old?

NotLad 01-03-2013 08:11 PM

At minimum, I would have

7 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of socks
1 pair of shoes
3 pairs of pants
5 season appropriate shirts
3 sweaters
3 pairs of pajamas
1 winter coat

FerventlyDreaming 01-03-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeste (Post 16111662)
How old?

4 :goodvibes:

EmilytheStrange 01-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotLad
At minimum, I would have

7 pairs of underwear
7 pairs of socks
1 pair of shoes
3 pairs of pants
5 season appropriate shirts
3 sweaters
3 pairs of pajamas
1 winter coat

This sounds good. You'd want enough to last a week. Ideally, I want atleast 10 shirts, but that's not the minimum.

AniMommy 01-03-2013 11:17 PM

I'd say 2 pair of shoes. That way if s/he gets shoes wet or whatever, there's a backup.

Hungry Caterpillar 01-03-2013 11:28 PM

Also consider hat, mittens, possibly winter wear, and maybe one set of play clothes to indulge messiness :)

raisingcropsandbabies 01-04-2013 05:49 AM

I have my boys have 7 outfits each. If you do laundry once a week, then I'd say 8 outfits. 10 pairs of socks or so (my boys are hard on their socks and then they get wet and want them changed and so on).

ohgirlohboyohno 01-04-2013 06:01 PM

I do laundry fairly often but I find myself "looking" for Jeans for the kids more often than not....Emma has 3 pair that fit and I am ALWAYS waiting for those to get through laundry....so needless to say I would recommend more than 3 pairs of jeans.

BSWmama 01-04-2013 06:32 PM

I'd probably do much as NotLad said (for the winter), except I don't really do many sweaters:

7 underwear
7 socks
1 pair shoes
1 pair boots
4 pants
7 shirts
2 pajamas
1 sweatshirt
1 coat, hat, mittens

Will he be bringing any clothes with him? I suppose you can't really shop until he arrives and you know his size and all? How exciting!