Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   braxton hicks anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477850)

jennayoung99 01-04-2013 11:23 AM

braxton hicks anyone?

So how are you all doing with braxton hicks? Are they really noticeable, have you had any, are they frequent?

I've been having them off and on for the past couple of weeks, nothing too noticeable, but this morning I had a good one, really tight, not painful at all but quite noticeable.

mommix6 01-04-2013 12:07 PM

Re: braxton hicks anyone?

oh yes! several times/day now, esp when sitting or standing for an extended period of time.

leyash 01-04-2013 12:14 PM

Yup. Been having them for about 9 weeks or so, that I've noticed. In the last 2-3 weeks they've gotten pretty darn strong. Enough to make me stop and take notice. They are very infrequent, and I don't always have them every day. Have had 2-3 so far today.

MelliRobi2 01-04-2013 12:33 PM

Yep...I've been having them too...mostly at night after a long busy day LOL

rchamberlain 01-04-2013 12:41 PM

I had them earlier and earlier with each kid! I had them last with #3 at 26 weeks until delivery! More water and changing positions seemed to help, though they were worse in the evening.

Diaper Safari 01-04-2013 01:16 PM

I've been having contractions...not BH. I've got a long history with preterm labor and the cause is simply an 'irritable uterus' so I'm a little nervous that I'm overdoing it and causing some contractions. My contractions even with active labor are never painful, just pressure/tightening so the difference between my 'real' contractions and BH is really hard to distinguish other than knowing my body and remembering from the last two.

My doc just told me to keep a very close eye on it and let her know if I have more than 4 in an hour.

This is the first time that I've been working fulltime and chasing two older kids while pregnant, so I'm hoping to figure out a way to take it a little easier!

cdeweese 01-04-2013 01:26 PM

Yes, enough that it makes me catch my breath. It probably sounds weird but I actually like them :giggle:

mommy2eli 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

Yes here, too. Started noticing them at about 14 weeks this pregnancy. I'm almost 23 weeks now. Nothing too noticeable or regular but definitely there.

MommaLEB 01-04-2013 02:17 PM

Mine are still really inconsistent. I notice one every day or two. Last time I started having 1-2 noticeable ones a day at 16 weeks. I'm kind of worried my labor won't be as fast this time if my uterus doesn't get to practicing, haha.

mamato2boyz 01-04-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeweese
Yes, enough that it makes me catch my breath. It probably sounds weird but I actually like them :giggle:

Yes, that is weird! LOL

I have been having them for several weeks now but just recently they've gotten pretty uncomfortable. Like where I have to stop or take a deep breath.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh