Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   whole30 support and recipe thread? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477856)

beckstar 01-04-2013 11:38 AM

whole30 support and recipe thread?

anyone here doing the whole30 this month?

im on day 3 and feeling good! just wondered if any of you mamas out there wanted to join forces and share recipes and our experiences on the plan?

if there is already a thread for this, please link!

cheers and good luck!

mel j 01-06-2013 09:10 AM

Re: whole30 support and recipe thread?

I've been curious about doing it, but grass fed meat etc. is so expensive :( (and I'm not really a big meat eater, but we do eat a lot of eggs.) I am working on eliminating grains though... finally convinced they aren't that great and I don't need them. I'd be curious to see what you are eating :)

MarieSeeking 01-07-2013 04:41 AM

I know I mention this blog all the time but its because I love it so much! NomNom Paleo is doing Whole 30 recipes all month! They look yummy!

photocat 03-02-2013 09:52 PM

Reviving this thread :goodvibes: wondering how the whole30 went. I've just started today, I was doing a kinda 80/20 primal thing so starting the whole30 today means no chocolate (my one major vice) and no cheese, which I eat a lot of.

So far so good :giggle:

beckstar 03-04-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocat (Post 16352955)
Reviving this thread :goodvibes: wondering how the whole30 went. I've just started today, I was doing a kinda 80/20 primal thing so starting the whole30 today means no chocolate (my one major vice) and no cheese, which I eat a lot of.

So far so good :giggle:

it went really well for me! im now eating pretty much w30 during the week (ive had the occasional cream in my coffee and honey in marinades, etc.) and then allowing myself a little give on the weekends, usually in the form of drinks and a sunday cheeseburger or pizza...:)

i lost a good deal of weight and felt amazing during the process...learned a lot, too.

good luck! you'll do great!

mel j 03-04-2013 07:42 PM

That's good it went well for you! I'm still "curious" but I guess not quite willing to actually do it yet. I already eat tons of veggies though, some fish & eggs, and limited to no processed foods. But I've been split on the whole vegan vs. paleo thing, and don't really like the thought of eating animals, even though I still do sometimes, but the thought of eating them so much bothers me. I do eat a lot more coconut though (yum!)... hopefully not too much! I'm wanting to use more coconut milk. I like it way better than I ever liked cow's milk!

I'm curious what you typically eat from day to day :)

photocat 03-05-2013 05:51 PM

Yeah, now that I'm getting into a bit of a rhythm with it, I can see that I could eat this way most of time. It's just strict paleo, which isn't such a stretch from the 'slack' paleo/primal I was doing. I think I would add back in some chocolate, SOME being the operative word there and.....haven't really missed anything else yet.

I'm feeling good though!

photocat 04-25-2013 05:19 AM

Well, I finished the whole30, was on it over Easter even, and have survived well :giggle:

I wrote it all up if anyone is interested in the nitty gritty of exactly what I ate...Doing the whole30 and then I wrote another page with a wrap up....Results of my whole30 eating.

Feeling good over here! :goodvibes: