Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thoughts on Medela Swing Pump? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477863)

kimberleenama 01-04-2013 11:48 AM

Thoughts on Medela Swing Pump?

I need to buy a new pump for this baby (due in March). I will be staying at home, so I don't think a double pump will be necessary--I just want to pump so I can occasionally get out of the house without the baby.

I have been eying the swing--does anyone have any thoughts on it? I used the Pump in Style with my son 3 years ago, but the suction crapped out on me after 6 months.

crunchymom2b 01-04-2013 04:35 PM

Re: Thoughts on Medela Swing Pump?

I have one and used it in combination with several other pumps (PISs, Singles, etc) for 8 months with DS1 and then used it occasionally with DS2. For a single pump I really like it. I like that it's small but easy to use and it has the 2 phase expression. I believe mine came with a Softshield which I loved but got rid of after DS1 I think. I like that it can use batteries which is great for the car or when you want to walk around the house, but they don't last long at all and you can def. feel a decrease in suction after only a couple pumps with the batteries. Awesome with the adapter.

halielise924 01-05-2013 10:38 PM

I LOVE mine! I had the manual, which was great and allowed me to have spare parts. I use my swing daily and I have never had an issue. You can adjust the pumping power before & after let down. All the medela accessories work with it too. I haven't noticed my batteries being an issue and I've had mine in for a little less than 2 months now. You can also program to your pumping style (length until let down etc). I personally haven't done it, but I haven't tried either.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-05-2013 11:05 PM

I really love my medeka swing. Its small, compact and quiet. I had the same one with dd(2007) and ds(2010) until Dh broke it on accident. I seen this video on YouTube were they turn it into a double pump. I wish I would have seen it before I spend $$$ on another pump in style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8HtL...e_gdata_player

joyous 01-05-2013 11:53 PM

Mine was perfect for when I was a SAHM. I was home with DD until 14 months, and I pumped occasionally, enough to have at least 4 or 5 bottles in the freezer all the time. When I went back to work, I pumped with it once a day for the first couple months, and it worked well for that too. It's also really easy to travel with since it's compact.

nw2bargaining 01-06-2013 12:26 AM

I have one that I purchased in October and so far I am loving it. I like that it is small and it can run on batteries for on-the-go pumping. I am going to check into making mine a double pump! Thanks alot for the link!

crunchymom2b 01-06-2013 06:55 AM

Jessica, that link was amazing!!! What a genius idea! Weird that a guy did it though lol. Not used to seeing men handle breastpumps like that, must've been someone's husband/partner etc?

Computermama 01-06-2013 08:37 AM

I have one and am quite satisfied with it. I don't use it that often, as I'm effectively a SAHM, but it does the job for me quite effectively when I do want to pump.

Mayghan 01-06-2013 08:47 AM

I have one too and love it! Like most PPs Im a SAHM and didnt plan to pump much but I ended up having to pump only from 1 breast for 3 weeks and it worked wonders!!! I also got the tube to convert it to a double but havent used it as a double yet (need to buy the other parts). I think its a great pump if you want to pump once in a while and dont want the expense of a double!

kimberleenama 01-09-2013 11:44 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies! I think this seems like a good choice for staying at home.