Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Not Pumping Anymore HELP (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477876)

Mystisue 01-04-2013 12:03 PM

Not Pumping Anymore HELP

MY DD is 10 months old and I work 3 days a week. At about 6 months (when she started solids) i started my period and i could notice a decrease in my milk supply. I have not had to supplement besides from my freezer stash thank God and was still at least getting a few ounces while at work with the pump but the past month I cannot pump A DROP!!! I dont know whats wrong, i try three times every day I work and nothing comes...my let down is very slow but my dd has been patient with it and the days I'm home she seems satisfied and I dont have to worry about it. However, I am afraid now that I cannot pump anything at work my supply will derease further.

Not sure what to do but any advice is welcome!!!

I have tried fenugreek and am taking it regularly now but that obviously isnt helping!

Thanks in advance!!:goodvibes:

Van1300 01-04-2013 02:02 PM

Re: Not Pumping Anymore HELP

Try Oatmeal. Try a TON of water.

Can you record your LO's cries on your phone and take them to work and play them while you pump? Or bring in something that smells like her.

Also, check your pump to make sure the membranes and all the parts are working really well.

Also, try to power pump on the weekends. Pump 10 minutes, then take a break 10 minutes, then pump 10 minutes etc. Try to see if your body will respond to the pump.

Good luck!!!

abunchoflemons 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

Water, mothers milk tea, mother milk plus, thistle......

abunchoflemons 01-04-2013 02:21 PM

Thistle, mothers milk plus or tea. Relax & lots of water. Stress doesn't help.

l_Kimmie_l 01-04-2013 02:38 PM

Domperidone or reglan can help.

halielise924 01-05-2013 10:41 PM

I'd say its your pump if you LO isn't having problems at home!

Have you tried hand expressing just to be sure?

Mystisue 01-06-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halielise924 (Post 16120958)
I'd say its your pump if you LO isn't having problems at home!

Have you tried hand expressing just to be sure?

ive never hand expessed...not sure how but i guess i could always learn! i just dont have a ton of time at work!

im wondering if its not my pump as well...i have a pump in style and it was brand new when i started using it 9 months ago but havent repaced anything on it...ive also wondered now that my boobs have decreased in size if the sheild are too big...but dont know if that would cause nothing to come out!

thanks everyone for the advice!

HeatherlovesCDs 01-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystisue (Post 16121338)
ive never hand expessed...not sure how but i guess i could always learn! i just dont have a ton of time at work!

im wondering if its not my pump as well...i have a pump in style and it was brand new when i started using it 9 months ago but havent repaced anything on it...ive also wondered now that my boobs have decreased in size if the sheild are too big...but dont know if that would cause nothing to come out!

thanks everyone for the advice!

You might need to replace the membranes. These are the little white flexible rubber pieces at the bottom of the pump. It protrudes down into the bottle and attaches to the yellow pieces (assuming they are still yellow). You don't need the yellow piece, just the white.

ajbailey89 01-06-2013 06:19 PM

More Milk Plus in tincture or pill form. I swear by it.