Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Oh Lord, it's like razor blades!!! Help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1477932)

AtLeast 01-04-2013 01:45 PM

Update- nothing is helping. I'm in tears every time he nurses. I so miss our easy bfing. Here's what I've tried:
coconut oil
Grapefruit seed extract
Nystatin
Diflucan
Probiotics
Airing out
Washing all clothes with vinegar and GSE
Boiling pacifiers
Swabbing baby's mouth with a mix of nystatin, coconut oil, GSE and probiotics
Triamcinolone (steroid topical in case it is a strep infection)
I just found some genetian violet, trying that next, but I'm not overly hopeful.
What else can I do, I'm quickly reaching the end if my rope.

I'm thinking it must be thrush, but I don't have any other symptoms but excruciating pain when he first latches on. I dread it!!! My nipples don't look red or cracked, baby doesn't have any white spots in his mouth, no pain in the breast. I've been doing vinegar washes after nursing, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I have some Nystatin and some terbinafine hydrochloride (athletes foot) cream. Should I try one of these? And I'm not pg. I've also been diligent with him having a correct latch every time. He's almost 13 months, so he's pretty wiggly and acrobatic when nursing, so it's constant.

l_Kimmie_l 01-04-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Oh Lord, it's like razor blades!!! Help!

I would try the cream. Process of elimination.

AtLeast 01-04-2013 04:35 PM

They Nystatin or the athletes foot?

l_Kimmie_l 01-04-2013 04:44 PM

Nystatin if it were me.

DottieHarley 01-04-2013 06:45 PM

Maybe try a teen tiny bit of Polysporin (NOT neosporin). If you put it on right after nursing it will absorb and be okay before the next. It will help clear up any lingering nasties.

HeatherlovesCDs 01-04-2013 09:16 PM

Sounds exactly like my yeast. I've been dealing with it on and off for years and it definitely is thrush for me. I would definitely use the Nystatin.

AtLeast 01-04-2013 09:40 PM

Nystatin it is! I will look for the polysporin as well. Praying it clears up quick, I'm running circles avoiding nursing, not good. :(

Thanks ladies!

AtLeast 01-11-2013 01:50 PM

Update-original post - help!

sh0rtchica 01-11-2013 02:06 PM

Do you have a pump? Might want to give your nipples away or two to heal without nursing. Hugs mama! I had the same pain with DS and it turned out to be latch issues instead, but that was very early on.

fishingfor5 01-12-2013 08:02 PM

Hugs momma. I have been going through a similar issue but only on one nipple so at least so far I can nurse on the other most of the time. I have been using Nystatin since Wednesday on us both. DD has never shown any sign and I only have pain but no redness or anything else. I am wondering if it could be something else. My actually hurts worse after I feed her and she is done. How long have you been treating? I have been reading anywhere from a few days to several Weeks!!! this is the 1st time out of 5 children I have dealt with this and it is awful. I hope you get some relief soon.