Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Failed GTT (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478064)

mommy2fourmunchkins 01-04-2013 08:24 PM

Failed GTT

Seriously?! I'm so irritated! I've always passed with flying colors but failed this time. Seems like this little one is throwing constant curve balls. I'm thrilled he's still baking but it's getting frustrating! Seems like every time i turn around something else is going on. Oh and another update... Currently 3cm and 75% effaced.

sterlids 01-04-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Failed GTT

sorry mama :( how many weeks are you? i hope the rest of the pregnancy and the labor and delivery go smoothly for you.

mommy2fourmunchkins 01-04-2013 09:39 PM

Almost 30! Can't believe it! Only two weeks until I'm most likely going to deliver! I know that doesn't sound good but baby #1- labored to 5.5cm at 32 weeks, successfully stopped with mag, #2-32 weeks even labor was not able to be stopped 4.4 lbs, #3/4 (twins) 32.3 weeks unable to stop labor 4.3 & 4.6 lbs, #5 31.6 weeks (surrogate baby) water broke at 31 even, mag stopped it for 6 days then she came at a day shy of 32 weeks 3.6lbs! Given that history, I'm trying to prepare for another preemie and if course being dialated already!

mommajewels 01-04-2013 10:22 PM

FWIW, I failed my 1hr GTT with 3 of my 5 previous pregnancies... but went on to pass the 3hr. It was super annoying, especially going through the misery of the 3hr because of flawed 1hr results, but it seems to be pretty common. :/

Hopefully little man will surprise you & go against the odds and bake a little while longer. Goodluck!!

Sunshine915 01-04-2013 11:06 PM

I passed with no problems with my first 2, but I ended up with GD this time. Booooo! I was pretty grouchy about it at first, but I'm okay now. It's really not so bad if you end up with GD, but hopefully you pass the 3 hour anyway and it's no big deal for you. Counting carbs and pricking fingers isn't the most fun way to pass the last couple months of pregnancy, but in the grand scheme of pregnancy complications, it's really quite benign. :goodvibes:

Sunshine915 01-04-2013 11:08 PM

....and if you deliver early then the GD is probably a moot point! :)

twinpossible 01-05-2013 11:05 AM

Bummer mama but the PP is totally right, you will not have to deal with it for long. I am glad he is still baking. My girls came at 29 weeks so I totally feel you on the preemie baby ordeal. At least we know what to expect!

amb2j 01-05-2013 12:25 PM

If this LO is throwing curve balls, maybe he will surprise us and go full term :goodvibes: FX

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

hcokasil 01-06-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommajewels
FWIW, I failed my 1hr GTT with 3 of my 5 previous pregnancies... but went on to pass the 3hr. It was super annoying, especially going through the misery of the 3hr because of flawed 1hr results, but it seems to be pretty common. :/

Hopefully little man will surprise you & go against the odds and bake a little while longer. Goodluck!!

My ob doesn't even do the one hour anymore...its a two hour test for everyone, and it was lame! (I did the one hour with my last there). But they say its conclusive, so no one ends up having to go back for a three hour...

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!

amcess721 01-06-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcokasil (Post 16121222)
My ob doesn't even do the one hour anymore...its a two hour test for everyone, and it was lame! (I did the one hour with my last there). But they say its conclusive, so no one ends up having to go back for a three hour...

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!

Ours only does the 2 hour now too... (I go on Tuesday!)

Of the 3 sticks... if you fail one is it considered GD? Or if you fail 2 is it GD? I'm expecting the fasting to be good as I've randomly checked my fasting at home...