Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Big Baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478077)

LoveUsAll 01-04-2013 09:09 PM

Big Baby

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could suggest diapers that are good for large babies. My DD is 4 months old and weights 19lbs. I really need suggestions of covers, fitted, and pockets that won't leave marks on her legs. Any ideas? What do you use with greatest success?

LoveUsAll 01-04-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Big Baby

I am completely new to CDing and there is soo much information and reviews that it is hard to follow what is going to work best. Any suggestions would be great!

LoveUsAll 01-04-2013 09:12 PM

Thank you!

revolekim 01-04-2013 09:13 PM

My boys were both big babies. For covers I like Blueberry Coveralls--they're kind of pricey, but they're OS so you can use them for awhile. They're the only cover that still fits my 2.5-year-old and he wears 4T and 5T clothing. For sized covers, Thirsties and Bummis Super Whisper Wraps run big. I think Bumgenius 4.0's would work for a big baby too. I don't have any that DS wears, but he does wear Bumgenius Elementals.

HGrace 01-04-2013 10:10 PM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think BumGenius Flip covers are pretty good at not leaving marks, and they can fit a wide range, I think. As far as a fitted, one that comes to mind that my friend used (and loved!) on her baby who was chunkier is Pianissimo Fitteds- they are super soft (minky outers, mostly) and absorbent :)

revolekim 01-05-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGrace (Post 16116608)
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think BumGenius Flip covers are pretty good at not leaving marks, and they can fit a wide range, I think. As far as a fitted, one that comes to mind that my friend used (and loved!) on her baby who was chunkier is Pianissimo Fitteds- they are super soft (minky outers, mostly) and absorbent :)

Flips are too small for my big guy. He hasn't been able to wear them comfortably for about a year. I guess they'd be okay with flip inserts, but we do either prefolds or fitteds.

McDMom 01-05-2013 09:02 AM

I have really tall kids. Not necessarily chunky but solid. DD is 2 and is 40 inches tall and 38 lbs. Here are what works for her.
Simplex in large
Basix in Large
Charlie banana in large
OS Simplex (but she's nearly out of those)
Tiny Tush Elite pockets
Megaroo OS fitteds
Guerilla Fluff Air flats in premium (if you're a prefolds kind of mom - bamboo terry is so stretchy)
Capri covers size 2
Diaper Safari covers
Okeo Popo covers
WCW wool soakers in large

BGs (except Freetimes), Grovia, Tots Bots and most other popular OS diapers are too short in the rise and have been for months. Hope that helps.

LoveUsAll 01-05-2013 11:24 AM

Alright, that is awesome. Thank you so much! What do you all think of kissaluvs fitted diapers?