Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   G diapers - using flushies only (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478081)

missrachelk 01-04-2013 08:13 PM

G diapers - using flushies only

Any g diaper users out there? I like the fit a lot but hate the g cloth. I'm not sure I can justify using the flushies exclusively since it's an ongoing cost, just to get use out of my shells and have that cute g bum.

Anyone else? Comiserate?

I think I'm unfortunately leaning towards selling them all and getting something that works better for us. the flushies are 10 cents more each than 'sposies PLUS all I spent on the shells, and washing the shells so I really don't think I can do it, unless the flushies really are better.

Any other diapers out there that fit trim like a gdiaper?

RockinLou 01-04-2013 08:19 PM

Re: G diapers - using flushies only

well, you could use a prefold in there (newborn for size small, infant prefold for size M & L), or double up the gCloth

We used gDiapers exclusively with my daughter (now 4 in a few weeks) from about 4 months to 9 months, and then switched to GroVia (at that time they were still GroBaby). All the benefits of a hybrid system, actually a much nicer disposable insert, a trim fit, a more absorbent soaker and the shells are one-size, so no costly need to "size up". Much less fussiness with putting them on too, which eliminated the leaks the nanny and my husband were getting.

missrachelk 01-04-2013 08:22 PM

I couldn't get my prefolds or 2 cloths to work! both seemed to overfill the pouch and leaked : (

I have grovia and am patiently waiting for them to fit! We've tried them a few times but got leaks because they were jsut too big around the legs and even the waist crossed over.

My LO just reached 12 pounds. What size was yours when grovia started fitting properly?

abeccarelli 01-04-2013 10:15 PM

It's the pouch. My dd can only be in it for 2 hours tops, and I hear they leak more as the baby gets mobile...great. But, I have had luck with MF insert stuffed into a fleece pocket and laid in there. You might try that. I know cottonbabies makes the pockets, but I just took some fleece and sewed my own.

MomBecks 01-04-2013 10:18 PM

Your Gro-Via should be fitting well right about now! I liked flats in gdiapers but didn't start using them till dd was in mediums.

mfergy0625 01-05-2013 07:02 AM

I padfold Swaddlebees flats in my large gdiapers and it works great. For a smaller baby, Flip inserts work great and you can use them with all sizes of gdiapers since they have the fold down rise. I have also heard great things bout the bamboo charcoal inserts that are sold in co-ops but I haven't tried them myself.

cuddlebunny_24 01-05-2013 08:10 AM

We use gdiapers and we would rather use the gcloth rather than the grefills. The refills irritate our son's skin. But when we first got them, before we had the gcloth we were using the inserts from our pocket diapers. I have also used prefolds in them and those work nicely. That is one of the things I love about gdiapers is that you can use any type of absorbent material in the liner as long as it fits.

tentrevival 01-05-2013 08:21 AM

I would try these gFlappers at Nappy Shoppe. She makes them especially to fit gPants.

The problem with gCloth is they only have 2 layers of absorbent material (as opposed to 6-8 in most diapers), so most trim rectangular inserts with fit, but offer more absorbency.

Bentley'sMomma 01-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tentrevival
I would try these gFlappers at Nappy Shoppe. She makes them especially to fit gPants.

The problem with gCloth is they only have 2 layers of absorbent material (as opposed to 6-8 in most diapers), so most trim rectangular inserts with fit, but offer more absorbency.

This! Not as thick as 2 gcloth but more absorbent. :)

RockinLou 01-05-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missrachelk
I couldn't get my prefolds or 2 cloths to work! both seemed to overfill the pouch and leaked : (

I have grovia and am patiently waiting for them to fit! We've tried them a few times but got leaks because they were jsut too big around the legs and even the waist crossed over.

My LO just reached 12 pounds. What size was yours when grovia started fitting properly?

They should be fitting, are your soakers fully prepped? You can try your PFs or gCloth in the shells until the soakers are a better fit too.