Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I feel like a flats sell out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478117)

marliah 01-04-2013 10:43 PM

I feel like a flats sell out

I have been using flats only for 2 years, loved them and had no plan to change anything, then my 2 year old started showing interest in the potty and we needed something easier than flats for when we were out and about so I ordered a motherease sandy. That was the start of a very bad week for our budget :blush: they are sooooo nice, and after tiny flat diapered bums I loved the soft squishy diaper. My dd calls them her "whale pants" and doesn't want to wear anything else.

Then comes my next bad idea, I went ahead and tried a small for my younger dd and I'm sold. My older dd hardly ever had a leak in flats and wasn't an explosive pooper, but my little girl was having multiple blowouts a day and we use only wool covers. The sandy got all the poop and nothing on my longies :thumbsup:

So here I am a flats sell out :blush: I used to love them, but I'm really enjoying fitteds now, so easy to use and no more poopy longies.

So from all flats to all fitteds. Eep. Lol

Of course I plan to keep flats on hand too, couldn't part with my old rugged imse vimses's but I sure do like the snap on and go fit of the sandies, so easy my older children or even dh could use them ;)

MomBecks 01-04-2013 10:56 PM

Re: I feel like a flats sell out

I love Sandy's!! They last forever too so you'll get your money's worth! Helping you justify ;)

boysniris 01-04-2013 11:11 PM

Whatever it takes to not be a cloth diaper sell-out! ;) :hugs:

c&w's mama 01-04-2013 11:14 PM

whale pants! lol!

truthfully, your story just makes me want to try them (and I'm prepping 1/2 dozen flats right now... it is a slippery slope...)

ktgrok 01-04-2013 11:35 PM

I hear you! I planned on doing prefolds again, then had some of them converted to fitteds. Yeah...should have never bothered. One Sandy and I was hooked. I bought most of them used, but man I love them. All I use, other than a few prefolds here and there for fun. But nothing beats the fit and poop catching of a sandy!

alaskamum 01-05-2013 12:03 AM

Thanks for posting, this dd is poo-sploding out of everything (never happened with my other 2). I've been resisting the urge to try some fitteds, but I might just have to.
Do you add a doubler to your Sandy's?

vansen19 01-05-2013 12:48 AM

lol if i had my own washer/dryer, i'd be in trouble...

faiths13 01-05-2013 01:55 AM

I have an on again off again love affair with flats. They are wonderful, but its so nice to have something easier to put on. I just went from all flats to aios. Again. Lol

luvcheer 01-05-2013 05:29 AM

Sandies are awesome and fit for a really long time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

d_arnold 01-05-2013 05:55 AM

We love our Sandy's for night time. They ate definitely a workhorse.