Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   January Chat for Feb Mamas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478146)

Sarahknavy 01-04-2013 11:02 PM

January Chat for Feb Mamas

We know we don't need a weekly chat but it might be nice to have a "get it off your chest" thread as the anxiety begins!!

Sarahknavy 01-04-2013 11:10 PM

I had a dr appt last week where I wanted to talk seriously about what my "last day to attempt VBAC would be."

My due date is the 23rd. Baby measured small at 8 weeks and they pushed it back a week giving me an extra week to attempt a VBAC. I was excited. After my second u/s, I was worried they would change it back since she measured back at the original date of the 23rd. I have been praying that this appt would go well and the dr would be sticking to the March 2nd as my due date which would let me go to 41 weeks instead of 40 without a fight.

So.... I get to my appt and they tell me they have been trying to call me all day and my dr went home sick... The other OB might be able to see me if I want to wait and see... I drove an hour to get there, my husband left work early and I really didn't want to come back in a couple days. A midwife ended up agreeing to see me(which was totally awesome). She told me they had the 23rd written down as my due date and Basically I told her the truth of it all, showed her my dating u/s and she made sure they changed it to the 2nd. it was awesome that she particularly had a heart for VBAC patients and thought that extra week was just as important as I did. I am glad it was her and not my OB I was having the discussion with :)

Of course I hope I don't go overdue and it doesn't matter

mommycass 01-05-2013 07:03 AM

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahknavy (Post 16117004)
I had a dr appt last week where I wanted to talk seriously about what my "last day to attempt VBAC would be."

My due date is the 23rd. Baby measured small at 8 weeks and they pushed it back a week giving me an extra week to attempt a VBAC. I was excited. After my second u/s, I was worried they would change it back since she measured back at the original date of the 23rd. I have been praying that this appt would go well and the dr would be sticking to the March 2nd as my due date which would let me go to 41 weeks instead of 40 without a fight.

So.... I get to my appt and they tell me they have been trying to call me all day and my dr went home sick... The other OB might be able to see me if I want to wait and see... I drove an hour to get there, my husband left work early and I really didn't want to come back in a couple days. A midwife ended up agreeing to see me(which was totally awesome). She told me they had the 23rd written down as my due date and Basically I told her the truth of it all, showed her my dating u/s and she made sure they changed it to the 2nd. it was awesome that she particularly had a heart for VBAC patients and thought that extra week was just as important as I did. I am glad it was her and not my OB I was having the discussion with :)

Of course I hope I don't go overdue and it doesn't matter

Thats awesome! I'm sure thats a huge relief for you:thumbsup:

lisha622 01-05-2013 07:53 AM

Yay, that's great! I really hope you get your VBAC!

As for me, I am due Feb 1, so my due date is very quickly approaching! I'm hoping baby comes within a week of her due date, as that'd be great, but we'll see. I'm feeling pretty good. Heartburn stinks, but I haven't been having contractions yet, and even though I'm less comfortable, I'm not ridiculously uncomfortable. No swelling, so that's nice.

My next appointment is next wednesday, and they'll check for group b strep and also see if I'm dilated or effaced at all. Ahh! can't believe I'm to this point already!

Momma2theJs 01-05-2013 08:04 AM

My due date is Feb. 9 and we are optimistically shooting for Jan. 19 (37 weeks) bc of preterm labor issues. I have contractions all the time and am constantly in fear that they will suddenly transform from the docile (well, as docile as contrax get, I guess) to the aggressive ones that will send me to the hospital. :/ I'm 35 weeks right now and spent 10 days in the NICU with my daughter, trying to hard to avoid that again!! Measuring 43 weeks....haha. Next appt is Friday the 11th.

abunchoflemons 01-05-2013 08:10 AM

I'm due feb 8 but the 10th is my aunt bday. Jan 29 is my dad (both passed). ob will be gone about the 8th for his bday. I'm scared if I don't have ob I will rip like with oldest (not ob delivery). I have boy too so not sure how all will go....... baby boy is measuring sometimes about 1 more than week I am.

OrangeBananas 01-05-2013 08:55 AM

I am not due until the 21st, but am scheduled to deliver on the 15th of February. I had an OB appointment yesterday, and so far so good. I am 33+2 weeks today, and am praying for at least 35+ weeks. My last three were born at 35, 29 and 23 weeks, so I fear she will come at any time.

I had a mini wake up call the other day thinking that she could be here in less than 6 weeks. I still have so much to do before she arrives!

Ainmemphis 01-05-2013 09:25 AM

Due date is Feb 6 but will have a csection most likely during the week before. Ds came at 38 weeks so I am trying not to focus too much on a date right now. Next apt is Tuesday the 8th and will start going weekly. So far so good just trying to enjoy the last of it!

lolson3 01-05-2013 10:03 AM

I'm due the 6th and expecting a baby a few days later. Other than heartburn, not being able to sleep although I am exhausted, and being uncomfortable, life is good. I'm planning a birthday party for my 6 yo (her birthday is the 9th) for the 2nd so I hope for the sake of the party our baby boy doesn't come early. It won't be a big deal if we have to postpone it. Also, starting Tuesday I will be teaching our mom's group preschool twice a week for three weeks. Eek, but at least then I will be done for the rest of the school year. I'm actually grateful for something to do besides wait around for my baby to come late. :giggle:

Sarahknavy 01-05-2013 10:34 AM

It's always better when you have other things to Focus on