Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Nestle Good Start Gentle... help please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478324)

beckymomof2 01-05-2013 02:32 PM

Nestle Good Start Gentle... help please

My sister in law had twins and they are eating Nestle Good Start Gentle. I've been helping her find/buy formula because we live in a small town and seems like the stores are always out. I've checked Amazon which has decent prices but here is my dilemma. The formula is sold at Walmart in 23 oz (I think that's the size) and it's about $23 or so for it. However they also have a size that is around 30 oz for the exact same price. BUT they are almost always out of it. We've tried talking to Walmart and get all kinds of different answers like it is in transit (although it's been "in transit" for about 4 weeks).

So does anyone know if it is generally sold in the larger size or if that was a like a promotional thing they did to attract customers?

Any other ideas on where to buy if they do make it in the larger containers?

Anyone know if coupons that come out of this on a regular basis?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

M&Lsmomma 01-05-2013 10:35 PM

Re: Nestle Good Start Gentle... help please

Walmart has that brand and size (23.2oz) online in a 4 pack for $22.98/container totaling $91.92. Could she order online? Shipping is free over $45.

M&Lsmomma 01-05-2013 10:38 PM

Wow nevermind, I saw you were looking for a 30oz size. Sorry :(

cuddlebunny_24 01-06-2013 05:36 AM

Check store brands as well, but also sam's club or costco, any of the club type store might sell it in a bigger container at a better price. I will not give gerber formula to my kids so I really do not know where the prices are best, but I know Sam's club carries some formulas because when my youngest was on Enfamil that was where we were getting it because the price was better than anywhere else.

SPJ&E 01-06-2013 10:25 AM

If it's that hard to find, I would probably lean toward slowly switching over to a more available brand. Like the others said, there are store brands that are cheaper, readily available, and nutritionally equivalent to the name brands. If she still wants to go with name brand, maybe the gentle types Similac or Enfamil would be easier for her to find?

Southern Momma 01-08-2013 01:23 PM

I used Nestle Good Start with DD (4 years ago) and also bought it at Walmart. What I was told was that size is a promotional thing they do ever now and then. I think it was every three months or so but I really don't remember the time frame. When I saw it in stock I bought as many cans as I could afford. I just had to keep constantly watching for it which was annoying.

As far as coupons, I signed up for coupons on their website. You could ask other family members and friends to sign up too.

jesajane 01-08-2013 07:08 PM

I used Gentlease with my twins. I don't remember ever seeing it in a bigger size can. However, we have a grocery store that carried their brand of it and it was in a big can. I don't remember the exact size. It was also a lot cheaper per ounce.
We used WIC at first, so we only got the Gentlease, but if we ran out (and when we quit wic) I'd get the store brand. It saved so much money.
Does she live near a Wegmans? Because that's what I bought it.

srbordenstein 01-20-2013 04:25 PM

I also use Good Start (Protect). The best price I've found has been the value pack at Babies R Us. It comes with two 23 oz containers for $40, but they often have $5 off sales which are great for stocking up. Order multiple cases online and receive free shipping. You can also sign up at the Gerber website and receive coupons in the mail. Very substantial coupons - i.e., $14 off, etc.