Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Thread Responses/PM's? (Not being answered) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478380)

mood-swinger23 01-05-2013 04:53 PM

Thread Responses/PM's? (Not being answered)

Someone had made a post in the FSS thread that I was interested in. I am still pretty new and couldn't PM at that point. I commented in the thread (since I was able to comment), and once I hit PM-status I also sent her up a follow-up PM.

I also went back and added a "PS" to the bottom of my original post noting that I had PM'ed her.

I sent the message January 1, and it says it was "read" about 10 minutes after I sent it. I still have heard nothing back from her in any way, nor has she updated her post.

Because I'm so new, is that reason to ignore my interest? Or could it really just be that she didn't notice the message and it got overlooked or something? Is there anything more to do than just wait? Is that something I can/should leave negative feedback on? (I'm considering it because I'm at a loss of what to do and it seems like she's had 5 days to respond and hasn't even acknowledged she got the message).

Posting here because I really don't know what else to do and don't to leave negative feedback without at least hearing SOMETHING from this person...

Thanks.

keen1981 01-05-2013 05:03 PM

She likely got a ton of inquires. You can not leave negative feedback for being ignored.

FFS items go fast and usually you get a ton of PM's about them. Sometimes answering everyone is not possible.

mood-swinger23 01-05-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Thread Responses/PM's? (Not being answered)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 16119686)
She likely got a ton of inquires. You can not leave negative feedback for being ignored.

FFS items go fast and usually you get a ton of PM's about them. Sometimes answering everyone is not possible.

That is understandable to get a lot of messages... so there's nothing at all I can do if she just never answers my inquiry? Well, that stinks.

(Note, it wasn't about cloth, it was about some games).

keen1981 01-05-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mood-swinger23

That is understandable to get a lot of messages... so there's nothing at all I can do if she just never answers my inquiry? Well, that stinks.

(Note, it wasn't about cloth, it was about some games).

No. Just move on or try again.

~happy2Bamommy~ 01-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 16119686)

This.

There are also a lot of members that pass FFS stuff on to members that have been here awhile and have a lot of post so they know they are active and not just hanging out for FFS. Most do tend to reply though but she may have just been slammed with messages and not been able to get back to everyone.

debcita429 01-07-2013 07:34 PM

What everyone else said. Also, a lot of peops are using their phones to check messages on DS throughout the day. It's often a pain in the butt to use those and could be hard enough just to respond to the person who IS getting the items much less anyone else. Phones may also lock peops out so that they can't respond to something they meant to or so that they have enough difficulty responding that it is not worth it to them.

More than that, the woman is being generous enough to offer something for free. Only one lucky person will benefit, but it seems there aren't really grounds for anyone to complain unless that person fails to ship after someone has paid for shipping.

Finally, folks who have been really burnt by buyer's/sellers may bypass people they do not know, particularly if they are not going to get any financial benefit from it. They may figure it is not worth the bother until they "know" the person. After all, that person could try to claim they never got the item and want their shipping money back. I have already been in a situation where someone made an offer to me that I might have considered under different circumstances, but I just didn't feel right about it. Now if someone had offered me the asking price for something that I had offered for sale for financial gain, I'd feel obligated to give it to the first person who offered that price.

mood-swinger23 01-07-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcita429 (Post 16128503)
What everyone else said. Also, a lot of peops are using their phones to check messages on DS throughout the day. It's often a pain in the butt to use those and could be hard enough just to respond to the person who IS getting the items much less anyone else. Phones may also lock peops out so that they can't respond to something they meant to or so that they have enough difficulty responding that it is not worth it to them.

More than that, the woman is being generous enough to offer something for free. Only one lucky person will benefit, but it seems there aren't really grounds for anyone to complain unless that person fails to ship after someone has paid for shipping.

Finally, folks who have been really burnt by buyer's/sellers may bypass people they do not know, particularly if they are not going to get any financial benefit from it. They may figure it is not worth the bother until they "know" the person. After all, that person could try to claim they never got the item and want their shipping money back. I have already been in a situation where someone made an offer to me that I might have considered under different circumstances, but I just didn't feel right about it. Now if someone had offered me the asking price for something that I had offered for sale for financial gain, I'd feel obligated to give it to the first person who offered that price.

Originally (in both my post and PM I think) I asked her how much she wanted for them, not even realizing that FFS meant I only had to pay the shipping(?) So it wasn't even about getting them for free as much as just being able to get them. I'd have had them paid for (and thought they had to be), but she didn't even respond to explain that they were free. Oh well though. I'll try again tomorrow or something but I have no idea what I'm going to say without sounding idiotic...

BeccaSueCongdon 01-07-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mood-swinger23

Originally (in both my post and PM I think) I asked her how much she wanted for them, not even realizing that FFS meant I only had to pay the shipping(?) So it wasn't even about getting them for free as much as just being able to get them. I'd have had them paid for (and thought they had to be), but she didn't even respond to explain that they were free. Oh well though. I'll try again tomorrow or something but I have no idea what I'm going to say without sounding idiotic...

You probably should just move on. There isn't any rule around DS that sellers have to respond to every single buyer who is interested. No money changed hands at all, so you don't have any grounds for filing a complaint anywhere. It's definitely annoying to have someone ignore you. But it's not against the rules. Better luck next time.