Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone here do TRX workouts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478468)

napua 01-05-2013 11:10 PM

Anyone here do TRX workouts?

Curious to see if anyone else does TRX. I've just added it to my routine of spin, yoga, weights, and my elliptical. I do the yoga and elliptical at home but the rest at the gym. TRX is definitely awesome!

CherryPie 01-06-2013 11:54 AM

Re: Anyone here do TRX workouts?

My brother is an instructor! I have done it a few times, but don't do it regularly.

napua 01-06-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryPie
My brother is an instructor! I have done it a few times, but don't do it regularly.

Awesome!

I woke up soooooo sore today, lol! I'm going to stick to everything other than TRX until Wednesday. I think if I tried it tomorrow, I'd die, lol.

Agla 01-06-2013 02:48 PM

I do. I find it deceptive I that you get through the routine and you feel pretty good about it and the next day I'm like, "My arms are falling off."

I can't get to class as often as I'd like and I don't have a home system but I thought it was a great find.

napua 01-06-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agla
I do. I find it deceptive I that you get through the routine and you feel pretty good about it and the next day I'm like, "My arms are falling off."

I can't get to class as often as I'd like and I don't have a home system but I thought it was a great find.

Yes! I figured I'd be sore since it works different muscles than my normal routine but I work out regularly and didn't expect to feel like that the next day! I was waking up because it hurt when I moved in my sleep, haha!

I really enjoyed it though and look forward to the next class. We have a home system but my husband has yet to install it in the basement.

Agla 01-06-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napua (Post 16122879)
Yes! I figured I'd be sore since it works different muscles than my normal routine but I work out regularly and didn't expect to feel like that the next day! I was waking up because it hurt when I moved in my sleep, haha!

I really enjoyed it though and look forward to the next class. We have a home system but my husband has yet to install it in the basement.

I would love one in the basement.

I think maybe because there are really no rests. You move from one to the next quickly and even at rest during an exercise you have tension on the TRX.

I still feel super awkward putting my feet in it for planks. But I haven't fallen to the ground so I guess I'm not totally messing up.:giggle:

CherryPie 01-06-2013 04:04 PM

My DH bought a NIP set for our home off of Craigslist for pretty cheap.

Agla 01-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryPie (Post 16123104)
My DH bought a NIP set for our home off of Craigslist for pretty cheap.

Off to look at CL

napua 01-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agla

I would love one in the basement.

I think maybe because there are really no rests. You move from one to the next quickly and even at rest during an exercise you have tension on the TRX.

I still feel super awkward putting my feet in it for planks. But I haven't fallen to the ground so I guess I'm not totally messing up.:giggle:

I like the pendulum swings for your abs but its a bit tricky getting used to putting your feet in the straps. Burpees are killer too!

Agla 01-06-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napua (Post 16123256)
I like the pendulum swings for your abs but its a bit tricky getting used to putting your feet in the straps. Burpees are killer too!

Please don't mention burpees, they make me cry. :cry: