Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What should I add to my basic stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478476)

Khaag55 01-05-2013 10:46 PM

What should I add to my basic stash?

I have:

12 brown snapless workhorses
4-5 Pul covers (Flips and Thirsties)
1 Lonely GAD husky medium AIO lol
5 random fitteds (kiwi pie and bubube
2 WCW soakers

My son is almost 14 months and about 23lbs, as you can see my stash needs a little help :giggle: Or just get nothing?? BTW I wash pretty much everyday

mamaspice 01-05-2013 11:08 PM

Hmmm, what is your budget? And what are your stash wishes?

If you just want more diapers and like your current system, another 6 pack of workhorses would do the trick.

To add more changes on a budget, or to be old-school, flats or prefolds.

If you just need a little pick me up, a fun new printed cover or woolie would be nice.

If you want some easier diapers for outings or whatnot, some aios or ai2's. BG Elementals are on a great sale right now and are all cotton. Or save and go with 2-3 shells and 6 inserts of an ai2 system.

Khaag55 01-05-2013 11:25 PM

Re: What should I add to my basic stash?

No budget, I'm just really simple lol just think my stash is super boring. I hear so many things about the elementals!!

Mollysmomma 01-05-2013 11:33 PM

I've just discovered mother-ease bamboo Sandy's. Sooooooooooo soft and cute!!!! It's worth the extra buck or two for the bamboo.

c&w's mama 01-05-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaspice (Post 16121023)
Hmmm, what is your budget? And what are your stash wishes?

If you just want more diapers and like your current system, another 6 pack of workhorses would do the trick.

To add more changes on a budget, or to be old-school, flats or prefolds.

If you just need a little pick me up, a fun new printed cover or woolie would be nice.

If you want some easier diapers for outings or whatnot, some aios or ai2's. BG Elementals are on a great sale right now and are all cotton. Or save and go with 2-3 shells and 6 inserts of an ai2 system.

ok, if it were me without a tight budget (I don't want to wash every day but I have a FL), I'd get another 12 workhorse (try a snap, you might like it), 12 brown edge prefolds and or 12 bamboo flats to play with, and a few wahm knit longies (later shorties)... I just tried some sbish for the first time and I seem to like it so far... just ordered some wool there as well to try. I'll have to reread your post... I don't remember any doublers...

If you want to try something for me, how about Sandys ;) my son is a bigger, older version of yours, I think.

I don't like aios, so its hard for me to recommend... but out of all I tried, I liked BGE the best.

I like streamlined, personally. I don't know why, but I need at least 6 of something-- then even that bugs me and I want 12. Cotton and wool could never be boring ;)

Khaag55 01-05-2013 11:46 PM

Thanks girls!! I'm stopping by kissed by the moon tomorrow and trying to figure out what to buy lol I need a game plan haha. I LOVE sbish fittedsI have a couple I forgot about actually. What doubles are good and when do you actually use them? I've never bought any of those.

Khaag55 01-05-2013 11:47 PM

Is the sbish wool shipping forever away like it used to be? I stopped ordering from them because I was so tired of all the preorder stuff.

seacat 01-05-2013 11:54 PM

Nope. They have a lot of stuff in stock and easy to get. I'd get one of their new diapers HLC.

faiths13 01-06-2013 12:26 AM

You have a great stash! Simple stashes are great. If I were you I'd add some flats! And prob a few more covers :)

Khaag55 01-06-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiths13
You have a great stash! Simple stashes are great. If I were you I'd add some flats! And prob a few more covers :)

Thanks!! Can never have enough covers lol I think I might pick up a few elementals for out and about since we don't have much for that.