Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do you think creams reduce/prevent wrinkles? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478494)

PoshPants 01-06-2013 01:00 AM

Do you think creams reduce/prevent wrinkles?

I use a basic eye cream for moisture at night and Hylexin for dark circles during the day, I have been getting more lines :blush: And I wonder if I should upgrade to a "wrinkle fighting" eye cream

But I wonder if they actually work :headscratch:

I use an all natural night cream, the moisture cream is 90% all natural, the Hylexin isn't but it's a chemical to target that concern, which I can understand the science behind

but the science behind remove wrinkles?:headscratch:

THANKS in advance for helping :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

jbug_4 01-06-2013 04:40 AM

Re: Do you think creams reduce/prevent wrinkles?

Not remove but hide. Moisture in general will plump up wrinkles and some stimulants will temporarily tighten, but not remove. If they removed than you wouldn't have to use the cream permanently. I have no idea about ones that stimulate collagen production, my bet is they don't really smooth wrinkles but plump them but the collagen production should help with other signs of aging.

northknoxmomma 01-06-2013 06:02 AM

I don't use any yet, but I am thinking it is time to. I do not use any lotions or products with chemicals on my skin, but I have a link to a DIY wrinkle treatment made with essential oils: http://www.herbsandoilsworld.com/the...ial-oil-blend/

danielle 01-06-2013 06:21 AM

What jbug said. I use hyaluronic acid which is a chemical (naturally occurring or man made) that binds moisture to it. I use it because my skin is dry. I don't worry about wrinkles so much but I do make sure my skin is hydrated and I use products with the most gentle ingredients I can. That's my wrinkle plan.

Dory 01-06-2013 07:35 AM

I don't. I'm 28, and I'm not paying $50+ for face lotion that can't defy genetics. My people stay youthful looking for a while, and then one day, wham! It all catches up anyway.

harmoni247 01-06-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 16121314)
Not remove but hide. Moisture in general will plump up wrinkles and some stimulants will temporarily tighten, but not remove. If they removed than you wouldn't have to use the cream permanently. I have no idea about ones that stimulate collagen production, my bet is they don't really smooth wrinkles but plump them but the collagen production should help with other signs of aging.

This. I didnt even believe a cream could do this until I tried rosehip oil as a face moisturizer that is said to help wrinkles too (not a cream, but an EO) and I can see a big difference when I use the oil for a few days vs. when I get lazy about it. I really just needed a moisturizer, but reducing wrinkles is a plus. I know Im in a losing battle though. I have a small amount of native american in me, (my great great grandmother was 100%) and everyone going back to her in my family has BAD wrinkles, and those genes are very dominant in me...her picture looks like my twin, so I know Im doomed. I have deepset eyes that have always had wrinkles, and I started getting visible crows feet and the parenthesis around my mouth by the time I turned 20. :(

JennTheMomma 01-06-2013 10:50 AM

No. I think a healthy lifestyle with nutritious foods, exercise, and not smoking/etc are what helps. As well as genetics. Special things may hide it, but it won't take it away and you'd have to keep doing it to continue to hide it.

MyLovely 01-06-2013 10:55 AM

Nope, the most important factor IMO is to protect your skin from the sun and use good-quality face washes and moisturizers. Sometimes I'd really love to go to the tanning bed just once or twice, but I look at my peers who have been tanning since high school and they (23-25) look like they're 30.

KaleidoscopeEyes 01-06-2013 11:41 AM

i think face care def prevents. genetics plays a large part as well as lifestyle. washing your face every night and wearing sunscreen during the day are probably the most important things you can do for prevention. that said i wear an eye cream i got at aldi and olay face cream at night. i get it on ebay and it's much cheaper than in store.

KaleidoscopeEyes 01-06-2013 11:42 AM

oh and wear sunglasses too. my friend is 5 years younger than me and has horrible crows feet from squinting