Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   UPDATE 1/13 - HEARTBEAT! Tell Me About Your Early Miscarriage (~7 Weeks) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478524)

sasra_nu 01-06-2013 07:43 AM

UPDATE 1/13 - HEARTBEAT! Tell Me About Your Early Miscarriage (~7 Weeks)

Update 1/13: The bleeding tapered off after a few days. I kept my ultrasound appt of course, and told the tech I was 99% sure she would not find a baby. The next thing I knew, she was telling me "I see a baby with a heartbeat!" Baby had a strong heartbeat of 166 and measured perfect. I have a subchorionic bleed/hematoma, which is how I lost my last baby, so I am worried... but in most cases, the bleeds do resolve and babies are fine, so I am cautious but hoping for the best.

Thanks all for your prayers and advice. And I am so sorry to all who have been through losses. I know just how hard it is, and I am praying so hard that is the rainbow baby I've been waiting for.

Original post:

Hope it's okay to put this in the pregnancy forum... figured it would get more views here, and I am still pregnant technically. Also, sorry so long and hope this makes a little sense. I am pretty upset. :(

I am almost positive I am going through my 3rd miscarriage. My 1st one was a D&C at 11 weeks, my 2nd was a chemical at less than 4 weeks. This one was our rainbow baby, and everything was fine until Friday. I was feeling less nauseous, and tried to brush it off.

Yesterday (Sat) I was still feeling less nauseous, then at about 1pm I had red bleeding start. It started sort of slow, but sped up fast, peaked at probably 6pm last night - and it was heavier than AF for me, but my AF's usually are not terribly heavy.

I have had very little cramping. The worst cramping was last night and didn't require meds or anything, and it didn't actually even feel like AF cramping, nor was it as bad as the cramping I had with my chemical even - so not bad cramping, just noticeable..

So I am still bleeding this morning (Sunday), not soaking pads or anything but definitely there. Not much if any clotting, etc - just red blood. Not really any cramping this morning - maybe a little tiny bit.

I am almost positive that the miscarriage hasn't happened yet but will soon. I am scared. I don't see any point in calling my dr - nothing they can do, KWIM? I actually have an appt for ultrasound already scheduled for Tuesday - I haven't had one yet. But what should I expect to happen with a 7 week miscarriage? Is it possible that this steady bleeding and light cramping is it? When is it going to pick up and actually happen?

I work FT and I'm just not looking forward to dealing with this at work. Hoping if it's going to get worse, it happens today.

Not to mention, I'm just completely gutted and devastated. We have been TTC #2 for a very long time, and tests have shown that my egg reserve is very low (at age 33 no less) so chances of another baby for us are so slim, because the eggs that I do have left are probably the old deformed crappy ones. All I want is to give my daughter a sibling. :cry: I'm just so tired of trying so hard, only to be dealt loss after loss after loss. I would saw off my right arm to be a mother again.

And after my 11-week loss last year, I had hormonal craziness issues and did nothing but sob for 2 weeks. Really not looking forward to that again, and hoping that since I am earlier, it won't be as bad. Can anyone tell me your experience with that?

Thanks for reading.

wordmama 01-06-2013 08:13 AM

First off - big huge hugs coming to you mama. Secondary fertility problems are so difficult. I was in a similar position when TTC my third. I lost all of my babies before 8 weeks. Some were very painful, others with very little cramping. Some had a lot of bleeding, others were clotty but with little excess blood. Essentially, each miscarriage was different, just as every pregnancy was different.

All that being said, bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. Bleeding happens for a number of reasons in early pregnancy. I would keep your ultrasound appointment. In the meantime, your doc could do quantitative HcG blood tests to see if your numbers are rising adequately.

Big hugs mama. I truly hope your worry is all for naught.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

AmeliasMum 01-06-2013 08:16 AM

Re: Tell Me About Your Early Miscarriage (~7 Weeks)

I lost twins at 10wks. I had what I would consider to be an actual mini-labor. I have had 3 live births, and they have been quick, and not painful, but uncomfortable at times. My m/c was horrible. Could have been the mental factor, that I was losing babies I had just seen on u/s a few days prior, but I had back labor, dilated, and finally passed the sac while sitting on the potty. Once that was passed, it was over for lack of a better word. My bleeding was never heavy or clotty, just a very light flow, mucusy and then dwindled down over the next few days. Sorry if this has been TMI. I'm sorry Mama, it's a horrible thing to go through. I have lost 10 pg's, and at least 11 babies in between my 3 living babes and my current pg. I am almost 27wks and still scared sh*tless of losing him. Hugs Mama!

sasra_nu 01-06-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordmama (Post 16121650)
First off - big huge hugs coming to you mama. Secondary fertility problems are so difficult. I was in a similar position when TTC my third. I lost all of my babies before 8 weeks. Some were very painful, others with very little cramping. Some had a lot of bleeding, others were clotty but with little excess blood. Essentially, each miscarriage was different, just as every pregnancy was different.

All that being said, bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. Bleeding happens for a number of reasons in early pregnancy. I would keep your ultrasound appointment. In the meantime, your doc could do quantitative HcG blood tests to see if your numbers are rising adequately.

Big hugs mama. I truly hope your worry is all for naught.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Thank you so much for the kind words. You're right - they're all different - I just wish I knew what to expect. The bleeding has really tapered off today, and I've even been running around doing dishes, laundry, etc. I know there is the chance it is a subchorionic bleed, I have a tendency to have those (I lost my 2nd pregnancy @ 11 weeks due to a HUGE SCH, I have a clotting disorder) and I would probably be more hopeful that's what it was if my pregnancy symptoms weren't tapering off. Nausea, sore bb's, and exhaustion all seem to be decreasing. I will definitely keep my u/s appt Tuesday, though - I want to know either way what is happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeliasMum (Post 16121662)
I lost twins at 10wks. I had what I would consider to be an actual mini-labor. I have had 3 live births, and they have been quick, and not painful, but uncomfortable at times. My m/c was horrible. Could have been the mental factor, that I was losing babies I had just seen on u/s a few days prior, but I had back labor, dilated, and finally passed the sac while sitting on the potty. Once that was passed, it was over for lack of a better word. My bleeding was never heavy or clotty, just a very light flow, mucusy and then dwindled down over the next few days. Sorry if this has been TMI. I'm sorry Mama, it's a horrible thing to go through. I have lost 10 pg's, and at least 11 babies in between my 3 living babes and my current pg. I am almost 27wks and still scared sh*tless of losing him. Hugs Mama!

I'm so sorry for all your losses also :hugs: It sucks because even when I get a BFP, I am happy for all of about 30 seconds, then I realize that that is only about 1% of my battle, and immediately the fear comes in than any day my baby will be taken from me.

I keep reading about bad m/cs like you describe, but I am hoping that at 7 weeks it won't be quite as bad. There might not even be a baby KWIM? If it was a blighted ovum or something. Who knows. Ugh. Maybe I will see if my dr will call me in a few strong pain pills, just in case. I just hate the waiting. Bleeding has really slowed down today - I am hoping to not need a D&C again. Why do some of us have it so much harder than others? It's so unfair. :cry:

clothdipemama 01-06-2013 10:37 AM

:hugs: I am so sorry you are going through this mama :(. I miscarried at 7 weeks, 6 days. Mine was almost identical to what you are describing. I agree that every miscarriage is different. I also agree with the other mamas, if you want go and get your hcg levels checked, maybe progesterone too to see if that may be an issue. I did this and it was confirmed my numbers were going down, which is what I needed, confirmation. There is still hope until this point. I bled for about a week or so and then it was about 1 1/2 weeks until I got a negative pregnancy test. You could be right it could be a blighted ovum too, I too had not had an ultrasound yet so I don't know on mine either. Either was it was a fertilized egg :(. Keep your head up, I actually conceived dd#2 that same month. I still mourn my loss, but couldn't imagine my world without dd :). I hope you find answers soon and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

mamato2boyz 01-06-2013 12:31 PM

First off, I'm sooooooo sorry you are going through this.

This is MY 7 week miscarriage experience, but like others have said, they are all different and the same symptoms don't have to mean miscarriage.

I started off with red spotting on a Monday. The next day I had slightly more red bleeding and really light cramps. I went to the ER, baby was there, good heartbeat but was measuring smaller. On Wednesday, I passed a large clot which I saved and was later confirmed to be "conception material". I never had a large amount of bleeding. In fact, I barely had to wear a pad much at all, mainly just panty liners and my cramps were never even as bad as my period cramps. I only bled for maybe two days after I officially miscarried and that was it. Of course, emotionally I was a wreck, but physically, for me, it was less traumatic than a period.

I really, really hope and pray that this is just normal pregnancy bleeding for you!!!!!!

homebirthmom 01-06-2013 12:58 PM

I also had several. 2 were just like a later period w more "chunks" for lack of a better word.
with 1 I passed a small sac. one has a small white spot in it which would have been the babys size.
on the one I was further with, i had weird spotting for a week and it had tissue bits in it. the bleeding stopped and I just passed a half dollar size smooth tissue that looked like a small placenta. I believe I was only about 6 weeks along then but maybe I was farther as my hcg was 846 at that time.

I have seen quite a few women having miscarriages and some are in intense pains w contractions when between 6 and 16 weeks. they tend to bleed at all different rates and heaviness but all slowed quickly once the sac was passed.

I hope you are not experiencing one right now but I fear you may. cramps and clear mucus signal to me that the cervix is dilated and emptying

canadianbakers 01-06-2013 08:49 PM

:hugs: I'm sorry you're dealing with this worry and fear, mama.

My miscarriages have all been between 4 and 6 weeks, but with all of them except the earliest one I had spotting for a day or 2, then bad cramping and nausea (with the latest 2 it was very much like a "mini labor"), the bleeding would worsen through the cramping. Once I passed the sac each time, the cramping and nausea stopped completely. Bleeding continued like a normal AF for me afterwards.

mmskids 01-07-2013 11:25 AM

Hugs. I've miscarried three times between 6 and 8 weeks. All three were different. The first one I didn't even realized I had miscarried until I went in for the u/s. I was spotting but I had an u/s about a week earlier and was told I had a subchorionic bleed. Wasn't until the u/s did I realize I had lost them. My last one, I never even knew I was miscarrying before the u/s. I started spotting the day of the u/s and never got more than spotting. I got pg during the next cycle (on accident) and gave birth last month to our rainbow baby.

I definitely would keep your appt tomorrow.

crunchymamaNY 01-07-2013 07:23 PM

hugs mama. What you are going through may or may not be a miscarriage, and I'm sorry you are going through this!

I've had 2 miscarriages. Well, 1 I think was more like a chemical pregnancy. It was very early on (4 weeks) and I had what I would call a slightly heavier period with extra cramping.

My second was a 5 week loss, and I bled for 11 days with that one. I had lots and lots and lots of clotting bleeding. Every time I sat on the toilet, I peed, and 50 clots or more would shoot out of me (sorry tmi). The toilet would be soaked red. One of my clots were plum sized, and that may have been the baby/sac/placenta? I really don't know. I was too afread to look at it at the time. With that loss, I also had what I would call "vagina farts". I know that sounds weird, but bubbles would come out of my vagina like it was farting a bit.

With my pregnancy now, I'm 9+ weeks, and I found out I have low progesterone and I'm taking pills for it, and I was taking cream. I really want this one to stick simply because it's my last chance to be pregnant...my husband is getting snipped next month! I really hope this one sticks.