Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What are your favorite green smoothie recipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478797)

napua 01-07-2013 12:48 AM

What are your favorite green smoothie recipes?

I'd like to add some variation to our green smoothies. What's your favorite kind to make?

jbug_4 01-07-2013 04:07 AM

Re: What are your favorite green smoothie recipes?

1 apple, 1 pear, 10 or a few more (I like strawberries) strawberries, about a cup of spinach and or any green you want. We like spinach because you only taste the fruit in the smoothie. Suppose to use a cup of coconut water but dd is allergic to coconut so we use water. We have seen several recipes that start above and just add some other stuff like a cucumber or celery. I hate celery so won't do that, but planning on adding a cuke to it this week. We have another one that we're trying this week that has broc in it. We do more juices than smoothies usually.

LacyHolly 01-07-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 16125111)
1 apple, 1 pear, 10 or a few more (I like strawberries) strawberries, about a cup of spinach and or any green you want. We like spinach because you only taste the fruit in the smoothie. Suppose to use a cup of coconut water but dd is allergic to coconut so we use water. We have seen several recipes that start above and just add some other stuff like a cucumber or celery. I hate celery so won't do that, but planning on adding a cuke to it this week. We have another one that we're trying this week that has broc in it. We do more juices than smoothies usually.

I'm excited to try this! Thank you for sharing!

bezark 01-07-2013 05:46 AM

We drink smoothies for breakfast most days. My favorite is banana, chocolate hemp protein, spinach and peanut butter. Berries, spinach, and chocolate or vanilla protein is also high on the list.
I stick to spinach because I prefer my smoothies to be more substantial and milk shake-like, rather than thickened juice, so I get the nutrition boost without the veggie taste.

PBAki 01-07-2013 05:59 AM

:popcorn:

MyM&W 01-07-2013 06:32 AM

I keep mine plain....kale/spinach/Collards with a banana, water and agave nectar...hehe

northknoxmomma 01-07-2013 06:44 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, I am really wanting to start drinking green smoothies, but was needing some good recipes. There are so many online, so it is great to hear what you ladies really like. **subbing**

leyash 01-07-2013 06:48 AM

I use blueberries, strawberries, cucumber, maybe some carrot, and tons of spinach. Sometimes I'll add a tiny bit of cinnamon. I also use almond milk to mix it with, because it tastes better.

For my "real" green smoothies, I use peaches (for the sweetness), kiwi, spinach, kale (sometimes), cucumber, and green apple. I have a juicer, but I blend the spinach and kale, and add that to the juiced mixture, because it doesn't juice well.

napua 01-07-2013 08:02 AM

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I can't wait to run to the market and try some new ideas. :)

Mama*Kim 01-07-2013 08:09 AM

This makes a big shareable smoothie

About a cup for fresh pineapple, 1 green apple (with skin if you have a good blender), 1 banana, 1-2 carrots, lots of spinach, kale or your favorite green, and orange juice.