Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GMD Workhorse (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478821)

finleyjudemommy 01-07-2013 06:28 AM

GMD Workhorse

Tell me about the GMD workhorse diapers...how are they different? The same? I see them referenced on here a lot and people seem to like them....

Pixi6s 01-07-2013 07:52 AM

Re: GMD Workhorse

As far as I can tell there are just fitteds with snaps or that need pins/snapis. I don't have any but I think people just love them because the are GMD and good quality.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-07-2013 08:29 AM

They are made from prefolds and easy to clean. I could care less what brand they are :giggle: They use elastin elastic which holds up better than regular elastic, and being made from prefolds, the cotton wears slower than many other fitteds (that I've noticed). There are a few other brands out there but they're not as well known, that's why GMD is referenced so much. Imagine (at Nicki's Diapers) just released a similar fitted, but there is no sewn in doubler like in the GMD so the absorbency is less. Nana's Bottoms and Tinkle Traps also make them, as well as convert your own prefolds for you :)

greencrunchymama 01-07-2013 09:15 AM

I love that the price is good and they wash up really nice. No stinkies!

tentrevival 01-07-2013 09:19 AM

Yep. They are just simple, inexpensive, and made really well. They are like converted prefold fitteds, but since they are made in the same factory as the prefolds, I'm sure they just make them that way to begin with.

Belbaby3728 01-07-2013 10:34 AM

I am an oddball out with these. Tried them on 2 different occasions and just hated the fit on my dd. We had the right size, but they never fit right around the legs- we always had leg gapping.

dagmomma 01-07-2013 10:40 AM

Tell me more about the conversions. How does it work and what does it typically cost?

momma_dna 01-07-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama
I love that the price is good and they wash up really nice. No stinkies!

This! Love being able to have a whole stash of affordable fitteds. Also, they contain messes really well. Love our closureless.

momma_dna 01-07-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma
Tell me more about the conversions. How does it work and what does it typically cost?

Tinkle traps will convert PFs to fitteds. I don't own any so I can't speak for how they are.

c&w's mama 01-07-2013 11:32 AM

yep. price and quality. and I need that extra (attached- thank you!) soaker. but only if they fit your LO well. for us they are perfection. I have a wide, solid DS who's a heavy wetter. He has a high rise and still love these.