Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   S/O what does your carrier stash include? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478824)

NappyChappy 01-07-2013 07:43 AM

S/O what does your carrier stash include?

I have a:

Pouch Sling - can't remember - used for after baby had hold head up and when little for a cradel carry

Adjustable sling- Mamma's Milk - didn't like using

Ring Sling- 4PeasBaby - too much weight on my shoulders after wearing for short times but used when DS was under 1

Mei Tai- Olives and Applesauce - used all the time from 1-2 yr. very adjustable and easy to nurse in

SSC- Beco - use from 2 yr to now. Not as easy to nurse in because of straps but possible. Really like carrying DS on back with this very supportive

Woven Wrap - Girasol - don't know just bought but very excited about using

I want to get rid of the Adjustable sling and ring sling as I didn't use them before and purchase a SSC solarveil carrier. I was going to get a Moby but haven't read good things about them so unless I can get a killer deal or trade I will pass.

So what do you have and and when do you use it?

TS8213 01-07-2013 07:46 AM

Re: S/O what does your carrier stash include?

Just a Moby for me. I haven't decided what to get/use when the babe gets out of the itty bitty newbie stage. I used a Bjorn with DD (hated it) and a mei tai (liked it well enough), but I'm looking to see what else is out there. Used a pouch sling (hated it) and the Moby (loved) with DS. Debating between the Beco, Boba or an Ergo. Decisions, decisions!

earthmama7 01-07-2013 08:53 AM

Beginning I use a Moby and my Maya ring sling. And this time I bought a Girasol Earthy Rainbow :wub: So I will use that in the early months too. When he gets bigger I will still use the Girasol, but also have a Beco and an Ergo.

itiswhatitis1984 01-07-2013 09:10 AM

I had a moby early in the pregnancy and decided to sell it I had gotten a sbp rs & fell in love with that. I also have a o&a for when he's a little older (has head control and can sit comfy in it.)

kushie tushie 01-07-2013 09:15 AM

I have:
1 moby
1 pouch sling
2 ring slings
1 MT- Babyhawk
2 Oh Snaps

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

samham 01-07-2013 10:14 AM

All I have now is a beco butterfly 2. I will be making my own Moby again, I absolutely loved it with DS. I'd love to add a ring sling also but don't really know where to start on this one. The ones I like are more than I want to spend right now.

littlesaurusrae 01-07-2013 10:18 AM

I have a Moby but I feel it's no longer useable :( I REALLY want a woven wrap now! I also have a ring sling that I cannot figure out :c and the one I use the most, my ergo :D

Carolinagirlbrisa 01-07-2013 10:43 AM

I have 9 homemade wraps similar to moby wraps one infantino sling that I don't like because I'm too small for it, and one infantino soft carrier (I forget the name of the model) that ties around me and is great for older babies and carrying on back!

oregonmom 01-07-2013 11:34 AM

I have a maya ring sling that I love.
And DH uses has a ergo for when they get a bit bigger (we never got a newborn insert and probably won't for this one eithe) The ergo does not fit me very well, but DH does great with it.

I am hoping to be able to a moby or some other type like it.

Mama_K 01-07-2013 01:59 PM

I have a moby wrap and I really liked that for the first few months last time. I also have a ring sling but it usually hurts my back to carry with a sling so I don't think it will see much use. I have two woven wraps, a Girasol and a Wrapsody that I'm looking forward to working with and a Pognae ssc.