Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Lil Shamrocks - January chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478826)

TS8213 01-07-2013 07:51 AM

Lil Shamrocks - January chat

The holidays are over! Yippee! Did everyone survive with their sanity still in tact?

Guess what! We're havin' a baby this year! :bliss: :yay:

NappyChappy 01-07-2013 07:59 AM

Re: Lil Shamrocks - January chat

Holy shmoly the babies are coming the babies are coming....I clicked on "A Baby Story" and saw those newborns and was just in awe that I am going to have another one.

kushie tushie 01-07-2013 09:31 AM

Hi everyone!
I survived the holidays just found but now am trying to get my house in order. We had 4 adults guests and 4 dogs in addition to our family. So now I'm cleaning and organizing. Plus purging since we will be getting ready for a move sometime this year. I need to start filling my freezer and getting all the baby stuff ready. There isn't much to get ready since my youngest is only 18 months but I just want to make sure I have everything I need. :)
We hired a doula I feel comfortable with since Daniel may or may not be here for the birth. I feel a lot less stressed about it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NappyChappy (Post 16125374)
Holy shmoly the babies are coming the babies are coming....I clicked on "A Baby Story" and saw those newborns and was just in awe that I am going to have another one.

I know right!?
I'm 31 weeks today and both my kids were born at or before 38 weeks. If I follow that trend I'll have a new baby in the next 7 weeks! :jawdrop:
were did the time go?

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

TS8213 01-07-2013 01:23 PM

Home from my 31w appt with the OB. They've "upgraded" me to 2x/week NSTs starting next Monday. One will be at my OB's office and the other will be after my weekly scan with MFM. My OB expressed his feelings that he'd like to induce at the later date (37w vs 35w) if the scans continue to look well and if MFM will agree. That puts me right on Valentine's Day! We also talked about getting the steroid shot for her lungs. He's going to talk to MFM about it so they can decide together when the best time to give it will be. All in all, not a bad appt. I'll see MFM again on Thursday and then next week for a growth u/s.

Can't believe I'll have a new squishy in about 5.5 weeks!

joeslittlewoman 01-07-2013 02:13 PM

29 weeks over here. Lots of icky little annoying sickies over here. Really bad sinus infection last week, now lots of nausea, tummy troubles, and fatigue. Too many little complaints. Makes me feel whiny. Still paring down the boys toys from
Christmas and picking up a few things for the baby (gave a lot away over the last year--d'oh!).

Hubby is just now starting to be open about talking about our birth options, but I'm still expecting RCS. I think I can push it until the 27th (a little over 40 weeks), but I'm considering pushing for a later date. Just uncomfortable evicting the little guy since my other two wanted to bake so long. And it will likely be my first c/s without laboring for quite a while first. I just don't know what to expect.

Trying to figure out bc for after the baby. What are you ladies doing? I don't do hormones, at all, but hubby wants to do something more than FAM/condoms this time. He is pretty certain he's at his max with three kids, but not so certain he wants either of us sterilized just yet.

amb2j 01-07-2013 03:02 PM

Hi all!! 32 weeks even today! Crazy right???!!! I have my 3D ultrasound in 2 days :-)! And, I have my checkup then too! Cant wait to update yall :-)

kushie tushie 01-07-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman (Post 16126837)
29 weeks over here. Lots of icky little annoying sickies over here. Really bad sinus infection last week, now lots of nausea, tummy troubles, and fatigue. Too many little complaints. Makes me feel whiny. Still paring down the boys toys from
Christmas and picking up a few things for the baby (gave a lot away over the last year--d'oh!).

Hubby is just now starting to be open about talking about our birth options, but I'm still expecting RCS. I think I can push it until the 27th (a little over 40 weeks), but I'm considering pushing for a later date. Just uncomfortable evicting the little guy since my other two wanted to bake so long. And it will likely be my first c/s without laboring for quite a while first. I just don't know what to expect.

Trying to figure out bc for after the baby. What are you ladies doing? I don't do hormones, at all, but hubby wants to do something more than FAM/condoms this time. He is pretty certain he's at his max with three kids, but not so certain he wants either of us sterilized just yet.

We'll use comdoms/ spermicide like we have every other time. We are not done yet...just don't know when we'll be ready for another. So we won't be making any permanent decisions.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

mommajewels 01-07-2013 03:48 PM

Hello ladies!! We managed to survive the holidays AND 2 birthdays. DS3 turned 4 December 18th and DD1 turned 8 December 21st. My oldest is 8 and my youngest boy is 4.... where has the time gone!?

I had my 30 week appointment with the midwife today which included the 1hr Glucose Screening and my RhoGam injection. Everything looks great with Emersyn and I. Lindsay (my midwife, she has delivered all of my kiddos) said miss E is definitely going to follow in her little-big (DD2) sisters footsteps and be a good size baby. She was feeling for her presentation and said, "holy moly mama... are you thinkin' baby is pretty good size?" And I told her yes, I'm pretty confident she will probably be bigger than Londyn was (8.15) and she said she definitely agrees. Apparently she's growing well in there. ;) Fundal Height was measuring 32 and she is confident it's baby and not excessive fluid. I love squishy babies so I'm excited. :D Everything else was great and we don't have to go back for 3 weeks. Assuming everything is good at that appointment too, she will let me go another 3 weeks after before going back. I'll be 36wks then and we will start the weekly appts. until she is here. I'm thankful she is giving me 3wks between appointments. I'm not ready to make that drive biweekly yet! Riding in the car is so uncomfortable these days.
After my appointment with her we headed to the hospital for our pre-admissions appointment. Got all the paperwork and "fun" stuff out of the way so we don't have to worry about it when it's go time.

I can't believe we're so close to meeting our LO's!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and your new year is starting off great!

va703 01-07-2013 04:03 PM

As much as I love the holidays, it's always a little refreshing to get back to a "normal" schedule. I purposely didn't do much baby prep prior to Christmas....I wanted to enjoy myself without that added pressure (there's enough to do in December!) Now I'm feeling a little under the gun as I have done almost nothing to get ready. I have several crucial items to buy (like a carseat) and some rearranging to do in the house and then maybe I'll feel more prepared. I'm really hoping to go the full 40 weeks, mostly to avoid having kids share birthdays.

Had my 30 wk appt last week, so I'm 31 wks now. Measuring ahead (like always) and I feel like a whale...can't bend over well or get out of a chair gracefully. I'm very proud to say, though, that I've kept my weight gain in better control this pregnancy. I've gained somehwere between 28 and 32 lbs so far, depending on the scale and the day, which is waaaaay better than the past 2 times (65 and 75 lbs, respectively. Ugh.) Overall, feeling good!

sterlids 01-07-2013 04:29 PM

holidays were great here! lucian started back to school yesterday so we're all getting back into our normal routine. i'll be 29 weeks this thursday! can't believe i'm almost in the 30s! i'll start my nst's at 32 weeks and i have her first growth scan tomorrow! can't wait to see little lady and see how big she's gotten.

pretty sure we have all that we need for her for the first few months. scored a great deal on her car seat and stroller. $100 got us a car seat, stroller frame, two bases, a car seat cover and a car seat pad. have plenty of clothes, 3 carriers, enough prefolds and about 9ish covers. also have about 50 something pockets and some of them are newborn! i feel ready and am looking forward to breastfeeding again! i can't wait to hold her and just look at her beautiful face!