Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Progesterone Cream (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478954)

TonyKariTony 01-07-2013 01:46 PM

Progesterone Cream

I've been very tempted by this, but I'm not sure I have low progesterone, I'm just afraid I do.
Has anyone used it with good or bad results? what is your experience?
Any information would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes:

JackieMarieVDV 01-07-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Progesterone Cream

I can't offer you any advice but I'm joining this thread to see what others say. I'm afraid I have low progesterone as well and I think that may be why I had my m/c. I'm already taking Vitex but may try porgesterone cream as well if I can.

l_Kimmie_l 01-07-2013 01:59 PM

It lengthened my LP and stopped my spotting. I found it worth it.

linzbear 01-08-2013 06:46 AM

I was going to ask, too. Like, what should I buy off of amazon? I've had 2-3 chem pregnancies in a row and they followed an early miscarriage, so I feel like I need to try something. My LP is fine, I just keep getting BFPs and then cramping later that day, and then nothing :(

swrlgrl105 01-08-2013 06:59 AM

I do IVF to have my kids becasue I dont ovualte predictably and for us, its just easier. Being that we go that route, my doctor has me do progesterone capsules 2x a day vaginally or progesterone in oil shot once a day. They told me that extra progesterone cant hurt you, so there is no harm in adding it. I dont have low progesterone naturally, they just do it as a precaution for all patients to help chances of a sticky embryo.

I would say go for it, you have absolutely nothing to loose and it wont hurt anything, plus the peace of mind is really nice. Just keep in mind it does mimic A LOT of pregnancy symptoms... sore boobs, fatigue, sometimes a little neasuea.. but well worth it!

ETA: I would have your Dr. prescribe it vs. buying off the internet. Its safer that way and generic progesterone is pretty cheap

TonyKariTony 01-08-2013 03:49 PM

Thank you ladies, I think I'm going to call my Dr and insist they check my progesterone.
I'm very tempted by the progesterone cream, I have read so many good things about it, but I'm also afraid of using hormones when I haven't actually being diagnosed.

crunchymamaNY 01-08-2013 07:17 PM

I've had 2 early miscarriages. This time around, I asked the midwife to check my progesterone levels and they were low. So, I couldn't afford the pills that were prescribed to me and bought the natural cream at the health food store. I had no side effects with it. I was able to switch to prometrium Rx at 8 weeks gestation, and I'm now nausiated and ill (I just posted a more detailed version of this in the pregnancy board). I'm thinking strongly of going back to the cream, even though it's more expensive....but hoping I only need progesterone for another 2 weeks tops, so perhaps I may wait and see.

Do you have symptoms of low progesterone levels? Check online for symptoms of it. I know with me, periods can be irregular, boobs quite sore, and horrible cramping during ovulation, and sometimes during menstration.

beckstar 01-09-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY
I've had 2 early miscarriages. This time around, I asked the midwife to check my progesterone levels and they were low. So, I couldn't afford the pills that were prescribed to me and bought the natural cream at the health food store. I had no side effects with it. I was able to switch to prometrium Rx at 8 weeks gestation, and I'm now nausiated and ill (I just posted a more detailed version of this in the pregnancy board). I'm thinking strongly of going back to the cream, even though it's more expensive....but hoping I only need progesterone for another 2 weeks tops, so perhaps I may wait and see.

Do you have symptoms of low progesterone levels? Check online for symptoms of it. I know with me, periods can be irregular, boobs quite sore, and horrible cramping during ovulation, and sometimes during menstration.

Use them vaginally for your daytime dose and you'll get less symptoms.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum

tinytushi 01-09-2013 01:24 AM

The only thing you need to be aware of is to not start the cream until you are sure you have ovulated as it COULD prevent ovulation if you are ttc. And DO NOT discontinue the progesterone every month until you are sure you are not pg. If you do and you are pg a sudden drop could cause a loss. Using progesterone in the form of the natural cream cannot hurt you even if you do not have low levels according to my OB.

After many many mc's I used it this time and am now almost 18 weeks pg. After I received the positive test my OB prescribed prescription progesterone because it is stronger, but I credit it for this pg and finally making it to the second tri.

katiecornflakes 01-09-2013 06:42 AM

Also, some REs say that testing progesterone isn't helpful (unless it's after a BFP) since the levels can fluctuate so much in a day. I am hopefully talking to my MW today about it but if she won't prescribe it I'm just going to get the cream. You do have to be careful about which cream since they don't all deliver the same amt of progesterone - some hardly give any at all! I think Emerita Pro-gest is a good one, from what I've heard and read.