Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Yearbooks..Keep em or Toss em? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479079)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 01-07-2013 07:05 PM

Yearbooks..Keep em or Toss em?

I have probably 10 year books. I don't have many reading books (mainly my harry potter series and twilights series lol) so I am at a loss on what to do with my books. But now I am considering should I even keep my yearbooks? I don't have a bookshelf anymore since I put it in DDs room for her toys. I thought DD might like to see them when she is older but will she? They are a lot to hold onto for just a pic or two in each one. This needs a poll...

Resellmybelle 01-07-2013 07:11 PM

Re: Yearbooks..Keep em or Toss em?

Scan any pics you really want first, then toss!

Steph Ed 01-07-2013 07:39 PM

If you don't want to deal with them, just box them up and put them in the attic or on a shelf in the closet.

harmoni247 01-07-2013 07:41 PM

Toss. If you want, you can keep one elementary and on high school, but I didnt. :dunno: I do think its fun to look through them, but not fun enough to add clutter. And I think it would be fun to look through one or two books of my parents school, but I definitely wouldnt look through all ten.

Ainmemphis 01-07-2013 07:52 PM

I have mine in a box under my bed. One day I may get rid of elementary /middle school but will enjoy looking through the others in the future. I know I liked looking through my moms. Dh actually looks on eBay for college yearbooks from when his dad was in school. A nice way to preserve the past.

jasminegrl 01-07-2013 07:54 PM

i'd keep or give back to the school for the school library or alumni association

elizabeth.scalf 01-07-2013 08:47 PM

I've been struggling too. They're nice to have because its not like I can just look them up online or check them out from a library. I'm keeping mine for now.

P!nkPepper 01-07-2013 08:56 PM

Keep a few. I have 3. 1 from middle school, one from 10th grade & 1 from my Senior year. They are in my memory box in my closet.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

wordbox 01-07-2013 09:00 PM

Too funny that you're asking this, I recently got a box of stuff from my parents' basement and in it there are 3-4 yearbooks. I sorted everything BUT those things, and this morning I was debating what to do. I think I am going to just keep my senior yearbook and toss the rest. I always loved coming across stuff like that when I was younger (I loved looking at my older sister's yearbooks, and any photos of my parents), so I hope my kids will get a kick out of it, and I'm a very nostalgic person so I'll probably enjoy looking at it years down the road.

redsonja 01-08-2013 08:37 AM

I tossed mine, but I'm not sentimental either. I like the idea of scanning then tossing.