Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Breastfeeding Support (
-   -   what can this be (

Audriannasmommy 06-15-2006 10:51 PM

what can this be
Ok so I have been pumping again for about 3-4weeks now. And taking fenugreek, mothers milk tea and dom. Well today My breasts have been very sore and tender my dd does not nurse and I have my pump on the same setting same amount of pumping time. I tried putting lansinoh on them and its not helping. i also noticed in the past few days my supply is diminishing could i be pregnant or is it something else. At first i was thinking mastitis or a blocked milk duct but I have had that before and its not that. My body is achy but i have been doing alot of exercising lately

dee1972 06-16-2006 12:24 AM

Re: what can this be
Are you running a fever, too? When I felt achy all over and was alternately sweating and freezing, it was a blocked duct. Was very tender and sore, especially in one area. Is it your nipples that are sore? If not, Lansinoh won't really help anyway. I would try taking some Tylenol for a day and see if it improves. Also, warm compresses will help if it is a duct. You say your daughter doesn't that new with this problem or is that why you are pumping? Not being nosy, just wondering if the two are related.

Mom of 7 on Cape Cod

Audriannasmommy 06-16-2006 12:32 AM

Audrianna has cerebral palsy so she doesnt latch well she forgets so I have been pumping since i decided to relactate. I dont have a fever at all. I feel fine my muscles are no longer achy just my breasts are tender my nipples are a little sore. My breasts dont hurt when i am pumping or when i touch them. They hurt when I am not pumping. does that make any sense. I have had a clogged duct before and mastitis so i know the symptoms and thats not it.

kissum 06-16-2006 01:40 AM

Thrush maybe? But that woud burn during too I'd think. I'm going to guess you're just sore from all the pumping, but I'm not sure. I hope you feel better.

Audriannasmommy 06-16-2006 08:53 AM

im actually feeling much better

dee1972 06-16-2006 09:37 AM

Must have been one of those passing things. Odd, unexplained and gone quickly. :) Glad you're feeling better.

Audriannasmommy 06-16-2006 10:16 AM

they still hurt a little on and off. My fiance came home from work last night and said they look bigger that was the first thing out of his mouth then i tried to pump and still wasnt getting much