Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   best natural shampoo for kids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479133)

corinne76 01-07-2013 10:10 PM

best natural shampoo for kids

hit me with your best suggestions! I'm looking for something for DD, preferably a detangling type of thing but it's not necessary.

GEM Cloth 01-07-2013 11:09 PM

Re: best natural shampoo for kids

I'm really partial to castile soap for that and for well, everything. :giggle:

firststella 01-08-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEM Cloth
I'm really partial to castile soap for that and for well, everything. :giggle:

Is Castile soap "tear free"?

GEM Cloth 01-08-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firststella (Post 16129365)
Is Castile soap "tear free"?

I'm sure it isn't, I believe "tear free" is an added chemical, and there are no chemicals in castile soap. It is made from natural oils.

Okay I just looked on the bottle and it says "keep out of eyes," so it is definitely not tear free. I've never had any trouble using it on the kids. (I've not ever used baby shampoo for any of my kids, because it doesn't work on our thick, curly hair, it smells bad to me, and is full of chemicals. Well I guess I had to have used it a time or two to know that it doesn't work. :giggle:)

corinne76 01-08-2013 09:28 AM

Didnt even think about castile. Do you use dr bronners or a pure castile? I tried dr bronners myself on my face and it broke me out

GEM Cloth 01-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinne76 (Post 16130353)
Didnt even think about castile. Do you use dr bronners or a pure castile? I tried dr bronners myself on my face and it broke me out

I've always used Dr. Bronners, probably because it's easily obtained around here. I get the lavender or tea tree oil kinds because they disinfect and I can clean the people (shampoo, face wash, body wash, hand soap, everything) and the house (pretty much everything) with it.

wyatt09 01-08-2013 11:33 AM

maybe you should google and make your own natural homemade shampoo mama!

corinne76 01-08-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEM Cloth

I've always used Dr. Bronners, probably because it's easily obtained around here. I get the lavender or tea tree oil kinds because they disinfect and I can clean the people (shampoo, face wash, body wash, hand soap, everything) and the house (pretty much everything) with it.

Does it work well as a shampoo? I may try plain castile for me as well if it does

elizabeth.scalf 01-08-2013 11:42 AM

What age is your DD? My two older girls age 4 and 2 get Dr b for their hairs, but we mostly use water. Shampoo maybe once a month. I scrub through with water and brush with a bristle brush. Keeps their hair fairly clean. Except summer, I might do more often. The castile soap leaves it smelling great and manageable, though it has an odd texture for a few days until the oils work back through it. I use Lavendar Dr Bronner.

Mommy2JandS 01-08-2013 12:29 PM

We use California Baby and their Calendula conditioner.