Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479154)

NMN 01-08-2013 05:40 AM

Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money

I bought the six pack of bamboo flats made by blueberry. These are serged as the hem. They were don't TERRIBLY!! For 30.00 for SIX flats I expect higher quality work. I washed them one time on gentle alone & tumble dried ALONE. Now four out of six have unraveled hems/holes!!

I want flats that are hemmed not serged! Ugh!! I emailed KC but they said too bad contact that manufacturer. UH I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! I don't think blueberry is going to send me 30.00.

So beware of Kelly's Closet. Cotton Babies and GMD have all stood by what they sold. KC doesn't. Beware of Blueberry flats. I will continue to update this.

lecialefty 01-08-2013 06:17 AM

Honestly I would expect to have to send them back to the manufacturer too because it seems like a product defect that kelly's closet has no control over. Email blueberry/swaddlebees, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Eta: if you wanted flats that were hemmed why didn't you buy a different brand?

disneylindsay 01-08-2013 06:21 AM

Re: Terrible flats and Kelly's Closet won't refund my money

I really think that the company who sold the product should deal with the manufacturer, not the person buying...there is a reason there is a middle guy...if not we would all buy direct with manufacturers.

sandrc 01-08-2013 06:31 AM

Contact blueberry/swaddlebees. They'll make it right.

Nicolenutt 01-08-2013 06:36 AM

Unfortunately that's the way it works. If you contact swaddlebees they'll make it right for you. Cotton babies and gmd are also manufacturing/selling many of their own goods, which is probably why they could help you. I've heard bad things about the new batch of bb flats, lots of mama's seem to be having problems with them. It's a bummer! Especially at the price! Hopefully you get your refund mama.

ebandive 01-08-2013 06:42 AM

There is a whole thread or 2 or 3 regarding the quality issues with the serging on the blueberry flats. I've been paying attention since I just ordered some myself. Everyone that I know of who has contacted swaddlebees about it has been happy with the outcome, whether replaced or refunded.

pottermomma 01-08-2013 06:43 AM

Did they at least give you the contact info for Bb? Yes it isn't really kc fault but they still have done responsibility as they sold the product and is at least expect a 'sorry here is what we recommend' not 'go contact the manufacturer' kwim?

Heather8183 01-08-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pottermomma (Post 16129648)
Did they at least give you the contact info for Bb? Yes it isn't really kc fault but they still have done responsibility as they sold the product and is at least expect a 'sorry here is what we recommend' not 'go contact the manufacturer' kwim?

I HIGHLY doubt KC said "sorry about your luck, contact BB/SB". I'm sure they were more business like than that...

Kabuki24 01-08-2013 07:13 AM

In general, defective merchandise is a manufacturers issue not a retailer issue. Swaddlebees will take good care of you!

Go here: http://www.swaddlebees.com/Return-Policy

And then scroll down to this section:
Returning/Exchanging Incorrect or Defective Merchandise

coffeemama 01-08-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneylindsay (Post 16129592)
I really think that the company who sold the product should deal with the manufacturer, not the person buying...there is a reason there is a middle guy...if not we would all buy direct with manufacturers.

This:thumbsup: