Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Please delete (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479236)

CaptainUnderpants'Mom 01-08-2013 10:18 AM

Please delete

tnhoover 01-08-2013 12:16 PM

Re: For anyone struggling with ammonia & wanting to get rid of it naturally

This is very helpful - Thank you!

carolyndavis 01-08-2013 04:12 PM

Thanks for posting this. I've had ammonia issues too, and I also found that rinsing diapers after use and before putting in the open (good circulation) pail has helped keep it at bay. How often do you do your machine wash routine?

CaptainUnderpants'Mom 01-09-2013 05:30 PM

Oh yeah I should have mentioned, I always wash every other day. :)

AZmommy 01-09-2013 06:39 PM

I'll mention it again here.. I was starting to get some ammonia the diapers smelled great when washed and all but when changing the baby it was stronger and really strong in the pail. I can NOT do vinager my DD gets horrid rashes with vinager no matter when I add it I tried just doing a deeper clean and adding some bleach again great smelling diapers but ammonia smell when changing she was even reeking of ammonia in disposables though..
It occured to me that she wasn't getting in the ussual amount of water I'd been relxed on her intake of juice and milk and she was drinking way more of those and way less plain water..
I focused on increasing her water intake and the ammonia issue resolved itself with out any change to diaper laundry.

c&w's mama 01-09-2013 06:43 PM

I like it!

and I LOVE the drinking more water!

ChihuahuaMama13 01-09-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 16137165)
I'll mention it again here.. I was starting to get some ammonia the diapers smelled great when washed and all but when changing the baby it was stronger and really strong in the pail. I can NOT do vinager my DD gets horrid rashes with vinager no matter when I add it I tried just doing a deeper clean and adding some bleach again great smelling diapers but ammonia smell when changing she was even reeking of ammonia in disposables though..
It occured to me that she wasn't getting in the ussual amount of water I'd been relxed on her intake of juice and milk and she was drinking way more of those and way less plain water..
I focused on increasing her water intake and the ammonia issue resolved itself with out any change to diaper laundry.

That's awesome Deanna! I'm wondering if that's part of our problem. My DS detests water :banghead:

CaptainUnderpants'Mom 01-10-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 16137165)

That's really interesting. However I don't think it had anything to do with our issue, as DS drinks only water (other than BFing of course), and plenty of it. Good to know that can be a cause, though!

AZmommy 01-10-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainUnderpants'Mom (Post 16138357)
That's really interesting. However I don't think it had anything to do with our issue, as DS drinks only water (other than BFing of course), and plenty of it. Good to know that can be a cause, though!

I agree I just wanted to also point out another cause of ammonia that some might miss. Were a Breast and water only family only as well with the very occasional "other" drink hwoever since I started watching our neighbors DD whose mom brings 3-4 bottles of milk and juice I found my self allowing more for my DD :blush:.. and then soon the issue arose.

Almacham 01-10-2013 09:46 AM

Thanks for posting, OP! I love the dreads, too. :)