Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another Comparison Question: GMD and Imagine prefolds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479270)

ChihuahuaMama13 01-08-2013 11:33 AM

Another Comparison Question: GMD and Imagine prefolds

How do they compare? I just want all of one brand.

I love the price of the Imagines, but when I had GMD's previously they seemed to be really good quality. I had Diaper Rite's too but they are only sold individually and that is far too expensive for me! So...

Do they absorb about the same and how do they fit compared to each other by size (since Imagines are smaller than GMDs)?

Thanks mamas! :goodvibes:

faiths13 01-08-2013 02:00 PM

I love the GMD organics. They are amazing. I actually like the imagine ub better than their organics. For some reason they seem nicer. If it were a choice between organics is pick GMD

ChihuahuaMama13 01-08-2013 03:19 PM

Re: Another Comparisson Question: GMD and Imagine prefolds

Unbleached would probably be fine, I just saw that GMD claims organic are more absorbent than unbleached so I figured I'd go that route.

nahrie 01-08-2013 03:38 PM

The Imagine standard size prefolds in toddler are the equivalent size to the GMD xl toddler (they're actually 1/2 inch larger pre-prep). And most kids won't need either. So don't let that part worry you.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-08-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahrie (Post 16132071)
The Imagine standard size prefolds in toddler are the equivalent size to the GMD xl toddler (they're actually 1/2 inch larger pre-prep). And most kids won't need either. So don't let that part worry you.

Awesome, thank you :goodvibes:

faiths13 01-08-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 (Post 16131983)
Unbleached would probably be fine, I just saw that GMD claims organic are more absorbent than unbleached so I figured I'd go that route.

I do think the GMD organics are more absorbent, but its not s ton. They are buttery soft and wonderful! For some reason the imagine organics just didn't seem as nice.

KLeeCW 01-08-2013 06:13 PM

We've had some quality issues with our imagines, but didn't return/exchange them because we waited a couple months to prep them. We bought xs, sm, and med pfs and put the mediums away to prep later. When I finally did prep them, they shrank really strangely and were all scrunched up. The inner fabric shifted differently than the outer layer of cotton. They are very absorbent and hold up well. The ones that aren't weird are great. The ones that are weird aren't great for snappi'ing so we usually padfold those since the absorbency is the same. Our gmd pfs are a lot more consistent in the quality department.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-08-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLeeCW (Post 16132688)
We've had some quality issues with our imagines, but didn't return/exchange them because we waited a couple months to prep them. We bought xs, sm, and med pfs and put the mediums away to prep later. When I finally did prep them, they shrank really strangely and were all scrunched up. The inner fabric shifted differently than the outer layer of cotton. They are very absorbent and hold up well. The ones that aren't weird are great. The ones that are weird aren't great for snappi'ing so we usually padfold those since the absorbency is the same. Our gmd pfs are a lot more consistent in the quality department.

Thank you! That's something I hadn't thought of. That's defenitely something else I'll need to consider.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-10-2013 06:09 PM

:bumpsign: Anyone else?

OrangeBananas 01-10-2013 07:34 PM

Re: Another Comparison Question: GMD and Imagine prefolds

I use all imagines and GMD's on my 10 month old (she is in yellows and 9lbs 14oz) and do not have a preference between the two. Both quilted nicely, are nice and soft, and absorb well.