Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is your favorite meal? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479476)

leyash 01-08-2013 09:16 PM

What is your favorite meal?

Homecooked. Not meal from a restaurant.

Spill it! :)

Mine is pepperjack chicken.

I take 1 pound of bacon, cook it on the stove. Then, I take 5 large chicken breasts, put them in a pan. Season them (pepper, cajun salt, and garlic powder). THEN, I pour the bacon grease over the chicken!! Cook it in the oven for 30-35 minutes until it's done. Then, for the last 5 minutes, add two pieces of cooked bacon, three tablespoons of pace HOT picante sauce, and a slice or two of pepperjack cheese, to EACH piece of chicken. Then, let it cook for 5ish more minutes. Oh my GOD! I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans.

danielle 01-08-2013 10:07 PM

I think my favorite is a whole roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots. Everyone in our family is unreservedly excited when I make it and there is never limp limbed picking and pushing bits around the plate. Everyone asks for seconds. So there might be dishes I personally enjoy more, but roasted chicken is what gets the biggest amount of total joy around here.

raymark 01-08-2013 10:30 PM

Re: What is your favorite meal?

Beef stroganoff!

leyash 01-08-2013 10:40 PM

I wish I could enjoy beef stroganoff. I'm not even sure why I can't... I just. Bleh. My husband's aunt makes it, and it is actually the only beef stroganoff I'll eat, though I don't LOVE it.

Roast chicken is a good idea. I like chicken, but for some reason, chicken on the bone bothers me, lol. Although... a chicken in place of a roast, with carrots and potatoes, actually sounds REALLY good!

willownz 01-08-2013 10:46 PM

Smoked salmon eggs benedict with homemade hollandaise and english muffins. I also love goulash.

Mama*Kim 01-08-2013 10:49 PM

I don't know that I could ever just pick one favorite. Seriously. But here's a few that could be front runners: pasta carbonara, chicken fried steak with garlic mashed potatoes, Guinness pot roast with parsnips and fingerling potatoes, and about a million other things.

kimb96 01-09-2013 05:34 AM

I like food to much to choose just one meal. And I love to cook. A couple of my personal favorites are my stuffed peppers, whole roasted chicken, and bbq chicken.

reneaumommy 01-09-2013 01:35 PM

fettuccine alfredo and homemade bread...its hubbys fav too. Its a little expensive to make and fattening so its not something i make often

slimy72 01-09-2013 02:49 PM

Grilled Ribeye steak, with twice baked potatoe, steamed broccoli and cheese and Cheese cake for dessert.

d_arnold 01-10-2013 05:09 AM

Anything Mexican! Enchiladas, tacos, etc.