Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Scratching is making me crazy! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479480)

jaelynsmommy61607 01-08-2013 09:42 PM

Scratching is making me crazy!

Ds2 has started fighting his sleep. If that wasn't frustrating enough he's not started climbing all over me and pinching/scratching my chest area. He does it when im nursing him. Or when he's in his carrier. Its really all the time. It doesnt matter how much I cut his nails it still is annoying. And then his dad takes him and he cries and cries for me. I don't want to be touched all.the.time!

MamaWillow 01-09-2013 06:48 AM

Re: Scratching is making me crazy!

I can relate! Both of my younger kids have done this. YDD is 19 months and does it a lot at night, mostly when she's nursing. I have a mole on my chest and both kids are obsessed with it. It drives me insane!!!! One of YDD's fisrt words was "mole," and DS always wants to "hold my mole." All that really means is they want to rub it. So annoying. There have been a few times when I freak out and threaten to go have it sliced off, but DH tells me that would be too mean.

l_Kimmie_l 01-09-2013 08:18 AM

My 3rd son used to pinch and knead my arm till I was black and blue. DS 4 picks my mole on my chest and rubs me while nursing. It is very over stimming and the mole thing drives me NUTS! I can relate to your frustration.

cdeweese 01-09-2013 08:22 AM

This is when we adopted the "lovey". Its just a velour blankie/bear. I put it in his hand and he would rub/squeeze that.

nonipie 01-09-2013 10:02 AM

Yes we have been through this many times and going through it again. The only thing that helps is for DH to literally leave the room with him and rock in the living room or for me to leave the room and they take the bed. I just need some rest even if for only a few hours. We split the night sometimes so I can get a solid 3-4 hours un-molested. During the day have you thought about a nursing necklace so he has something to fixate on and play with? I'm going to buy one of these.

l_Kimmie_l 01-09-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 16134907)
Yes we have been through this many times and going through it again. The only thing that helps is for DH to literally leave the room with him and rock in the living room or for me to leave the room and they take the bed. I just need some rest even if for only a few hours. We split the night sometimes so I can get a solid 3-4 hours un-molested. During the day have you thought about a nursing necklace so he has something to fixate on and play with? I'm going to buy one of these.

I do have to say the nursing necklace has helped with my LO. He likes to play with it while nursing. He also plays with my milk pendent.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-09-2013 10:44 AM

I hadn't thought of one! That's a really good idea. Dh doing nights will not happen in my house.

mabelinoad 01-20-2013 08:47 PM

If I'm not wearing a nursing necklace, my boobs turn into scratching posts. I even bleed sometimes!! :(