Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Small babies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479506)

Arabesque 01-08-2013 11:50 PM

Small babies

DD went to the doctor yesterday for a weight check. She's 15 lbs 15 oz (in a cloth diaper) at 15 months old.

Please tell me there are other babies as small as her before I start to freak out about her weight.

monkeymama07 01-09-2013 03:53 AM

My sons 5 and right around 30.

Im not positive we have a Weight check.this week.

Shimpie 01-09-2013 08:34 AM

Re: Small babies

Is your ped concerned? I wouldn't be worried if your DD has been steadily gaining weight and following her own growth curve. Even if her growth curve is off the chart, usually there isn't a concern unless there's a sharp drop in weight gain. Also take into consideration whether you and DH are small in stature.

DD started out at 15th percentile at birth and levelled out at 5th percentile. She was 18 lbs at 12 months and I think a little over 19 lbs at 15 months. Ped hasn't been concerned at all. Her words were that, "She'll be petite like her mama".

Arabesque 01-09-2013 08:46 AM

My doctor is isn't overly concerned because DH and I are small, but DD has dropped off her curve the last two weigh-ins. Both DD and DS are smaller than DH and I were at their ages - DD is significantly smaller.

MDever 01-09-2013 08:54 AM

The curve is more of an issue than the actual weight. Poppy was 9lb 10oz at birth and was a very slow gainer. There were times when she was going more than once per week to get weighed. Have the last 2 weights been near the same percentage? Poppy "fell" of of her curve from birth but then has maintained the new 3% curve since then.

trying4more 01-09-2013 04:14 PM

My DD isn't as small as yours, but she is still way below her age group average. Since she's been in the same percentage then her doc doesn't say anything.

Computermama 01-09-2013 04:47 PM

How is she otherwise? Happy, alert, eating well, dirtying diapers? If she's just little, but otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry much. But then my 16lbs 8 month old is my "little" baby, so I'm a bad one to ask.

greencrunchymama 01-09-2013 04:55 PM

My DD is 14 pounds and almost 12 months old. I'm concerned too, but I think she's just small.

Brooke789 01-09-2013 05:27 PM

Just checked my spreadsheet my DD was 18lbs 2oz at 15 month and 31.5". There was never any concern about her weight with our Pedi b/c she's never fallen off her curve.

Arabesque 01-09-2013 05:29 PM

She's perfect otherwise, active, happy, advanced motor skills, starting to talk, etc. I think the drop in curve is what's getting me. I'm not sure if the new curve is the same as DH took her to this appt and isn't one for details.