Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What did/does your newborn sleep in? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479514)

mrspopo 01-09-2013 01:14 AM

What did/does your newborn sleep in?

I can't remember what we used for DD when she was born, but I remember it was too complicated.

So what have you liked for your newborn to sleep in to make diaper changes easy (for a summer baby)?

flmamao2 01-09-2013 01:40 AM

We just did a diaper and a t shirt for a long time. If it was a fitted I did a wool sleep sack

abunchoflemons 01-09-2013 01:45 AM

Re: What did/does your newborn sleep in?

Although I didn't have a newborn perse I used sleep sacks for My Mid April baby now toddler and on hot hot days just diapers or I added a shirt. we have a 2 level house and the upstairs is hotter than I'll get out unless you have the AC shot directly to 2nd floor as it is hard to really do as only a few have a way to hut off from 1st level.

2+2macht4 01-09-2013 03:38 AM

you could do sleep gowns. I dont change at night so mine wears sleepers or what ever he was wearijng that day he wears all comfy clothing we dont do anything heavy like jeans or overalls in the first 3 months

Tabatha 01-09-2013 04:18 AM

For summer sleep gowns are pretty easy, my son was born in the winter though so I had to put a onesie underneath and try to keep socks on him so it was more trouble than it was worth. Definitely recommend them for summer babies though

Tabatha 01-09-2013 04:25 AM

Oh yeah and if I had to do it again I would definitely buy a wool sleep sack, it seems so convenient and I love wool. Another thing is even though zippers seem easier than "fumbling with all those snaps" really with a zipper you have to completely unzip them and take both their legs out to change the diaper, and get them put back together. It's only a few snaps to change the diaper, and you don't even have to snap them back up if you're that tired lol their clothes are still on.

Nerissa 01-09-2013 08:20 AM

We keep our house at about 68 year round.
I have done the same with all three kiddos:

slept in a sleep gown -first was a cottton one with the elastic on the bottom for fall and then once it got colder I switched to a fleece zip up sleep sack with a onsie under and then swaddled in a A&A blanket.

Once out grown sleep sacs then fleece sleepers swaddled.

when no longer needing to /want to be swaddled then we got to sleeper (either fleece or cotton depending on season) and bigger fleece sleep sack.

mibarra 01-09-2013 09:01 AM

Onesie or nothing under a swaddle blanket. :)

kateroc 01-09-2013 09:01 AM

With my first I did a t-shirt (not a onesie), diaper, and swaddling blanket. My second didn't like the swaddle, so I put him in sleepers, but I wouldn't do that again, at least not the kind with snaps. All those snaps were such a pain for middle of the night diaper changes. If I have another who doesn't like the swaddle, I'd do a sleep gown that I could just push up to change the diaper.

l_Kimmie_l 01-09-2013 09:02 AM

We had the AC going, but co-sleep, so used a gown with the stretchy bottom.