Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Wednesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479517)

~whitehologram~ 01-09-2013 02:53 AM

Basically it's Wednesday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 01-09-2013 03:39 AM

Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Well I've had a thoroughly lazy morning. I did all the kid stuff and then watched some TV. I made myself some blueberry waffles and apples wedges for breakfast and watched some more TV. I've crocheted a bit on the first leg of some longies for Fynn and watch more TV.

Now I'm going to sleep for a while.

This afternoon I will do the dishes, make dinner, and we'll have to see about the rest when it happens.

jwjbbrown 01-09-2013 05:22 AM

I am up. Need to shower soon and get on with my day....

Hard day yesterday stemmed from concern for my niece who teaches in a Minneapolis suburban high school who had to spend 5 hours yesterday morning locked down under tables over a threatened shooting. She is only 25 and has diagnosed clinical anciety that is always worse this time of year. I just hate that this is happening to her. Sigh....

~whitehologram~ 01-09-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16133959)
I am up. Need to shower soon and get on with my day....

Hard day yesterday stemmed from concern for my niece who teaches in a Minneapolis suburban high school who had to spend 5 hours yesterday morning locked down under tables over a threatened shooting. She is only 25 and has diagnosed clinical anciety that is always worse this time of year. I just hate that this is happening to her. Sigh....

Oh crap....is she ok? is everyone else ok?

redgirlsmama 01-09-2013 06:50 AM

Janine I believe no one was hurt, but it caused a lot of stress for her to gather up as many students as she could and hide for hours. Poor thing .
Up but just snuggling with L. Interested to see what is going on at school today, I had a talk with the other aid about things I have been seeing on the playground, she was going to recommend that they have someone talk to the class and explain about autism to them. Poor things behavior has regressed dramatically, and the other girls don't understand why she acts differently and seem to have made a game out of getting a rise out of her, not understanding how hard it is for her to control her reactions.

jwjbbrown 01-09-2013 06:56 AM

Janine everyone was fine physically. Thankfully the threat never materialized. However mentally that would be hard on anyone. Especially someone so young. She said that at the time it was happening she just blocked out everything that was happening outside the room and focused on her students. After it was over and they were released she got in her car and drove to her Mom's school and cried and shook most of the drive.

cherylchoo 01-09-2013 07:05 AM

Morning mamacitas.

I feel so badly for your niece and teachers everywhere. Teaching should not feel like such a hostile work environment. And it makes it scary for the kids too. School should not be a scary place.

Feel badly for your student too Jess. That is just straight up bullying, IMHO, autism notwithstanding. Kids can be such jerks sometimes.

I talked to DH about G's behavior, and he brought up something I hadn't considered. G always was super sensitive to allergy meds and decongestants, that just drove her her insane as a baby/toddler. She has had this nagging allergy cough for almost a month, not bad enough to keep her from sleeping or from school, but enough that we have been giving her the only meds that she doesn't appear to react to (Dimetapp). She's been taking it all this time, and he's wondering if it built up in her system and is affecting her behavior. It makes sense, when she was little and reacting she literally went bonkers and could not sit still, follow directions, take naps, etc and now she is pacing a lot of the time, constantly interrupting and changing the subject in discussions, and can't follow more than the first step in directions. So I didn't give her any meds yesterday or today and we will see if it makes any difference.

cherylchoo 01-09-2013 07:06 AM

Morning mamacitas.

I feel so badly for your niece and teachers everywhere. Teaching should not feel like such a hostile work environment. And it makes it scary for the kids too. School should not be a scary place.

Feel badly for your student too Jess. That is just straight up bullying, IMHO, autism notwithstanding. Kids can be such jerks sometimes.

I talked to DH about G's behavior, and he brought up something I hadn't considered. G always was super sensitive to allergy meds and decongestants, that just drove her her insane as a baby/toddler. She has had this nagging allergy cough for almost a month, not bad enough to keep her from sleeping or from school, but enough that we have been giving her the only meds that she doesn't appear to react to (Dimetapp). She's been taking it all this time, and he's wondering if it built up in her system and is affecting her behavior. It makes sense, when she was little and reacting she literally went bonkers and could not sit still, follow directions, take naps, etc and now she is pacing a lot of the time, constantly interrupting and changing the subject in discussions, and can't follow more than the first step in directions. So I didn't give her any meds yesterday or today and we will see if it makes any difference.

~whitehologram~ 01-09-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16134179)
Janine I believe no one was hurt, but it caused a lot of stress for her to gather up as many students as she could and hide for hours. Poor thing .
Up but just snuggling with L. Interested to see what is going on at school today, I had a talk with the other aid about things I have been seeing on the playground, she was going to recommend that they have someone talk to the class and explain about autism to them. Poor things behavior has regressed dramatically, and the other girls don't understand why she acts differently and seem to have made a game out of getting a rise out of her, not understanding how hard it is for her to control her reactions.

It's very hard to "normal" kids to understand but I think they'll get it once they know more about it.

Shannon's only friend has a brother with special needs, I think that's the only reasons why she accepts Shannon's behaviour. Although Shannon is pretty good when medicated...there was a time where she was under medicated and that was rough, her friend dropped her and didn't want to know about her.

Derry's only friend doesn't have any special needs but she does come from a multicultural family (Korean/German...sadly Germans really are very racist and can be horrible to people who are different) and has been subjected to bullying...she knows how hard it is to be a little different. She's very sweet and Derry loves her.

I hope that when the other kids understand better they will find the qualities that they like in your student and be better friends with her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16134196)
Janine everyone was fine physically. Thankfully the threat never materialized. However mentally that would be hard on anyone. Especially someone so young. She said that at the time it was happening she just blocked out everything that was happening outside the room and focused on her students. After it was over and they were released she got in her car and drove to her Mom's school and cried and shook most of the drive.

I'm sorry :(

I'm really glad that she was able keep it together long enough to keep herself and the kids safe. I cant even imagine how horrible it was. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

~whitehologram~ 01-09-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 16134222)
Morning mamacitas.

I still cant get rid of the nagging feeling that Ginger is ADHD.